The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The clothes we wear :: Loaded jacket. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
haywire
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia
760 Posts

Profile of haywire
I'm curious as to how many gimmicks, hookups and concelealed things in your jacket is too much. My new jacket feels a bit bulky, but it works well.

My new tux jacket has sleeve pockets sewn into each sleeve. Next there is a topit on each side. I also have two pull vanishers (super utility vanishers) one on each side
of the inside chest area.

Also in the sleeves, each side of each jacket sleeve has a werry transformer.
right sleeve side also has a raven. The left side has a velcro pocketed pk m****t,
a very large one. Pinned inside the jacket is also an inviso torch.

The right side outer pocket has an itr reel concealed in it. The left side outer
pocket has you guessed it, another itr reel concealed.

I'd like to add a flashburst and an ultra smoke 2000 next.
What other help can be loaded or concealed in your jacket?

My premise or idea here is to be able to perform quite an impressive show with
nothing more than this loaded jacket and some pocketed props.

My new jacket is quickly becoming my favorite all in one solution.

Can everyone tell me what other gimmicks, or secret helpers you guys use
in your jacket? I guess I'm still not satisfied and I'd like to load more...

Running out of space I think though.

Steven
mvmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Has written
1322 Posts

Profile of mvmagic
You certainly have a LOT of stuff there...getting everything out in order to get it drycleaned might be a hassle Smile Best way to get a tux with lotsa stuff without it being too bulky is to get a tailor make one for you.

In mine, there's just topits on each side and extra pockets for things like a jumbo card and a few holders on the hem. Everything else is on need-basis only.
Sent from my Typewriter
ThimblesAndPaintballs
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of ThimblesAndPaintballs
My jacket is normal...... I don't need anything... geez you have so much stuff... why on earth....
WalterZ
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of WalterZ
Ur approaching your magic the wrong way. Think of an effect first, then think method. Don't let the method determine what you do.
~WalterZ~

Themystifier.com
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1989 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
I have more loads than I care to mention. With card manip., Jumbo card manip., candles and doves, the loads are quite a few. However, every load is necessary to achieve the desired effect.

Walter Z makes a good point when he reminds you to think effect first then method.

This reminds me of my parents calling to tell me they finally got a computer and were online to receive my e-mail. I later found out the salesman sold them a system lam packed with extras they didn't need. All these folks wanted to do was play solitaire on the weekends and do e-mail and trade pictures with their son! What they were sold was a system with more bells and whistles than they needed much less could ever learn to use.

I clearly told them to state their needs when buying a sytem. Told them to make it clear that they only needed to correspond via e-mail and transfer photos using a Windows XP home version program.

What they wanted to accomplish and what they were armed with were two different animals alright.
williamtbrady
View Profile
New user
Essex, UK
56 Posts

Profile of williamtbrady
Haha, that jacket sounds mad!
Thou I like the idea of a show all set and preped in your jacket, arive at the venue clean and relaxed - pop on your jacket and your ready for action!!
My setup is not in my jacket but on my person using elastic and velcro, which means once set I can slip on virtually any shirt and I'm ready with my cigarette pull, raven & Ultra smoke, thou it works well it is quite uncomfortable!
Especially when not 'working' and you prep up just to go out to a BBQ on the of chance your asked to perform ;o)
RoryJ
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of RoryJ
I *magicafied* if that's a word! -a jacket of mine so that I can put things in the inside jacket pocket which come out the breast pocket or vice versa.
But that's about it for gimmicked jackets for me, I like it to feel like a real jacket on my back, a topit or two would be the biggest chage I would make or buy like that.
Rory Jones
*Just Misunderstood*

www.roryjones.com
troller
View Profile
Loyal user
276 Posts

Profile of troller
Quote:
On 2005-06-09 05:28, ThimblesAndPaintballs wrote:
My jacket is normal...... I don't need anything... geez you have so much stuff... why on earth....

Your assuming so much.

I would like to see a show-down in magic with this guy and see if he can utilize all his avenues.

For all those that have a TOPIT on both sides... how well adapted are you in using it on your other hand? You've got your fav hand and now the other!! Also, do you use the Ammar Topit or another version?
JackScratch
View Profile
Inner circle
2151 Posts

Profile of JackScratch
This is a funny thread. Let me see.
3 normal bicycles
Breath mints
hand lotion
hot rod
b-wave packet
prof. nightmare
hopping halves
color monte (normal cards)
20"silk
pocket watch
rubber bands
maybe cardwarp
troller
View Profile
Loyal user
276 Posts

Profile of troller
Your missing the Kitchen Sink!
JackScratch
View Profile
Inner circle
2151 Posts

Profile of JackScratch
You're missing the point. The only thing in there that might even look like a gaff is the "cardwarp". The rest of the items are pretty normal, maybe not the hotrod, but even the packet tricks are just normal cards. Specific normal cards, but normal none the less. I even hand the spectator the hotrod at the end of the effect, so it's not all that abnormal. (****, forgot about the hopping halves, yeah, they are gaffed as ****.) Anyway, my point is, instead of weighing myself down with gimicks, I use pretty normal items for magic. No that doesn't make me better than anyone or anything stupid like that, but it does rather make me the antithisis of this thread.
Byron
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of Byron
I am just in the process of getting a jacket custom made for me. Not that I will have it loaded down with stuff, but I need some specific pockets in certain places, etc.

Getting one made seemed the best option and not much more than buying off the rack and then having to alter it.
The hand may be quicker than the eye,
But the heart sees all!
Comedy Writer
View Profile
Special user
594 Posts

Profile of Comedy Writer
Hmmm. My performing jacket has the usual six pockets, no other gimmicks. Though I might add a coin dropper.

CW