The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Pasteboard Frolics :: Card from thin air? :: TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
RealDeal JU
View Profile
Veteran user
New Jersey
375 Posts

Profile of RealDeal JU
I put this in the "Pick a card any card" section and I'm not sure if that was the right place for it. So to save typing and reposting please read and get back to me:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......=2&0

Jim
"Challenge yourself to come up with your own

material, rather than buying into the idea that

you have to do the same thing that everyone

else is doing to be a good magician."
kendonaga
View Profile
New user
England
16 Posts

Profile of kendonaga
WEll there are many methods of producing card from thin air.
I think most are pure sleight of hand but I'm sure there'll be some gimmicked methods out there.

The places I know you can learn from are:
Jeff Sheridans videos (can't remember an exact name but look pretty good)
and Also
Jeff McBrides Art of Card Manipulation teachs productions.

There are many other sources but I think these are the most popular.
in flames
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto
1030 Posts

Profile of in flames
Kendonaga is right. Jeff Sheridan's Genius At Work "Volume 2: Card Manipulation" is a great DVD but he teaches the same thing as McBride. You can't go wrong with either.
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5937 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
McBride was a student of Sheridan's back when there was only one card manipulation master, and his name was Jeff Sheridan. The rebirth of card manipulation traces back to him.
in flames
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto
1030 Posts

Profile of in flames
Quote:
On 2005-06-06 19:23, Tom Cutts wrote:
McBride was a student of Sheridan's back when there was only one card manipulation master, and his name was Jeff Sheridan. The rebirth of card manipulation traces back to him.

Wow. I didn't know that. Thanks for that info Tom.
AVirgaA
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of AVirgaA
Yes, Sheridan was the original card manipulator back then performing street magic. But I do have to say that still to this day, Jeff McBride's Art of Card Manipulation is the best to learn from for this area of manipulation.

Andrew Virga
Yehuda
View Profile
Elite user
413 Posts

Profile of Yehuda
Allmagic.com had an instructional vid a while ago on producing cards. The grip is nice because your fingers can be wide open. You may still be able to find this vid on their website.
closeupcardician
View Profile
Special user
Justin Teeman Moore, OK
602 Posts

Profile of closeupcardician
Jeff McBride's Video's contain a wealth of valuable info. Check them out!
"Magic as art cannot live without love. Love of some kind. There are novels without love, other arts without love. But there can be no magic without love." - Rodney Reyes