The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Grand illusion :: Reza - Originality (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
MikeJRogers
View Profile
Veteran user
Australia
354 Posts

Profile of MikeJRogers
Hi guys,

A few days ago I found an old post about a young illusionist and friend of mine, Reza. The post made a claim that Reza was performing unoriginal material, specifically in regards to his use of the Pendragons cloth handling for the metamorphosis switch.

In response I just wanted to post a little something here to say that I have known Reza for some time now and all I have ever seen from him is attention to originality and ethics. In regards to his use of the Pendragons cloth handling, I personally, have seen the letter from Jonothan, giving Reza the rights to the handling.

Reza is a truly great guy, who is very concerned with advancing magic while still keeping very strong ethics. He's an ethic dude and a pretty neat illusionist!
Let's think twice before posting allegations.

Keep up the good work Reza.

Cheers guys,

Mike Rogers
Australia
Mike Rogers Illusion Design - Australia - http://www.mikerogers.com.au
"Nothings impossible, the impossible just takes longer" - Dan Brown novel
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Farrell
View Profile
Veteran user
371 Posts

Profile of Farrell
Yeah Reza doesn't try and look anything like Copperfield
Chris Stolz
View Profile
Inner circle
Mississauga, Ontario
1958 Posts

Profile of Chris Stolz
I have personally never seen Reza's work, but I can say that I have repspect for anyone who has the good sense to contact the originator of the effect and obtain permission.

I wish Reza all the best!

- Chris.
markz
View Profile
New user
Omaha, NE
5 Posts

Profile of markz
I saw Reza's show when it was here in Omaha, NE last month. He is an incredibly talented performer way beyond his years (I think he's only 18 or 19?). Pretty young for selling out a big theatre for 2 shows in Omaha.

It was very refreshing to see such original magic. There were lots of big illusions, but he also does the manipulation and skill stuff very well, in addition to being excellent in his interaction with the audience. He had two well deserved standing ovations at the show I attended.

and his prediction illusion is Killer!
sperris
View Profile
Special user
http://www.Anti-Conjuror.com
881 Posts

Profile of sperris
I've spoken to Reza only briefly on the phone. I didn't sense any sort of arrogance or cockiness but rather a professional young man. Copperfield doesn't look anything like Reza.
DANSPERRY.COM
Angela
View Profile
Regular user
Ohio
190 Posts

Profile of Angela
I second that, Mike. I've also seen the letter from Jonathan, and I'm loving how you said that: "Reza's an ethic dude". Smile

Happy birthday Rez... knock 'em dead Saturday!!

Angela
magicreza
View Profile
Regular user
USA
126 Posts

Profile of magicreza
Thank you!!

I appreciate all of your support, very much.

Thank you also for the "happy birthday" Smile ...and I'll try to knock 'em dead in Madison this weekend!

Reza
MikeJRogers
View Profile
Veteran user
Australia
354 Posts

Profile of MikeJRogers
Happy Birthday Reza you ethic dude! Smile
Mike Rogers Illusion Design - Australia - http://www.mikerogers.com.au
"Nothings impossible, the impossible just takes longer" - Dan Brown novel
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Tim Roberts
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of Tim Roberts
To be honest I just saw him in Farmington Missouri and was not impressed. The show was not well organized, had way to much dead time selecting people from the audience and only had a few small illusions in it along with some stage magic. It did not live up to its promotion. I can say that after seeing the traveling show I would not pay to see it again. Maybe the theater show is better.
Mike Thornton
View Profile
Regular user
Canton, MI
110 Posts

Profile of Mike Thornton
I've seen him twice live in Michigan and I thought he was fantastic, lots of original bits, funny, great props, very likable. I would highly recommend that everyone go see him sometime.
thomasR
View Profile
Inner circle
1193 Posts

Profile of thomasR
Quote:
On Apr 21, 2024, Tim Roberts wrote:
To be honest I just saw him in Farmington Missouri and was not impressed. The show was not well organized, had way to much dead time selecting people from the audience and only had a few small illusions in it along with some stage magic. It did not live up to its promotion. I can say that after seeing the traveling show I would not pay to see it again. Maybe the theater show is better.

I'm curious what your definition of "small illusions" is?