The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Finger/stage manipulation :: Where to get these ball holders? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
hannes_frischat
View Profile
New user
Germany
2 Posts

Profile of hannes_frischat
Hi,

I have been performing a billiard ball routine since years. But although it seems to be good enough for laymen I have to admit that still the stealing of additional balls is not as smooth as I would like it to be.

I have tried two types of holders, I have tried pockets in the tails. Nothing of them works as I would like it. One holder type consists of two thin sheets of plastic with a hole in each. Since I am using the fakini balls they are too heavy for this type and will fall out. The other holder is the traditional one made from wire (two loops connected, hanging in the jacket or the tails). I had to add a rubber band to get the hold more tightly but you can not steal the ball from all angles, also this holder is moving like a pendulum.

Any tips or comments? I saw the holders Jeff McBride uses - they seem to be accessible from any angle, but I don't know where to get them.

Regards

Hannes Frischat
http://www.frischat.com
FCpreacher
View Profile
Elite user
PA
439 Posts

Profile of FCpreacher
Funny. I use the wire ball holders with fakini and they work fine. Here is something that may work: Have your wife or a seamstress make a holder similar to a ball dropper, but the mouth much larger and do not use elastic. Fakini balls will get stuck using elastic. Make the mouth very large and sew two magnets in it, one on each side. When you release the magnetic hold from eachother you will get a ball in your hand.

Have you ever seen "Symphony of Spheres"? It is a sweet book with the most innovative ball release mechanism I have ever seen. The kid was a genious.