The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Magic...at a moment's notice! :: Follow Up After Stealth Pen? Opinion Please... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
zhuanan
View Profile
Veteran user
383 Posts

Profile of zhuanan
Hi Guys:

I have stealth pen and it has always obtained unbelievable look from my spectators after performing it. Currently, I intend to get another effect(s) (related to pen thru bill) as follow up for my stealth pen, and I have considered the following:

a) Just Passin thru (with Finger thru Bill)
b) Misled
c) Misleading Misled
d) Pen thru bill effect from Dan Harlan (from Early Harlan DVD)

I hope you guys could help me to decide which one(s) should I get. My criteria are as follows:

a) The follow up effect uses Stealth Pen to perform but does not use the ******k that comes with Stealth Pen

- hence the question here is can I use Stealth pen to perform "Just Passin thru" and "Misleading Misled"

b) I am ok if the follow up effect uses ******k - as long as the ******k works with Stealth pen to create another pen thru bill effect, which can look like Misled.

c)I would like to follow up Stealth pen effect with Finger thru Bill. My question is: Does Finger thru bill look "real"? Does it create the *******n which is as strong as Stealth pen? Is it difficult to do Finger thru Bill? Is Finger thru Bill angly?

As for the pen thru bill effect from Dan Harlan, what would the spectator see? Does it look it "Stealth pen effect" or "Misleading Mislead" or "Dough" (but without the post it note)

Thanks
gngorick
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of gngorick
If you want to keep using your Stealth Pen for other pen-thru effects, Just Passin' Thru and Misled will not work. The ******k is completely different. Misleading Misled is the way to go. As for the Finger Thru Bill, the illusion is perfect. I read over the instructions and was still floored by the performance. A demo of the Finger Thru Bill can be found here: http://www.magicbuzz.net/
Glenn Alloway
View Profile
Regular user
Edmonton AB Canada
103 Posts

Profile of Glenn Alloway
What about Greg Wilson's "Re-capped"?
"This is madness and yet there is method in it." ~Shakespeare
Corey Harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City, MO
1230 Posts

Profile of Corey Harris
If you want to continue with the pen through bill you can get "Now you z it" by dan harlan from the early harlan video or Dan Harlans Impromptu magic vol 2. I have just started using this and it is great. Since with this effect you wont be using a gimmick you could then easily go into gregory wilsons recapped.
Jeremy L.
View Profile
Special user
800 Posts

Profile of Jeremy L.
Zhuanan-
Dough and Now U Z It (from Early Harlan DVD and on Dan's impromtu videos) both use the Sankey/Harlan method.

We had a thread going (not too long ago) in the money forum on impromtu pen through dollars. You might want to check that out.

As for th Stealth Pen you also might want to buy a "nonfake" pen though dollar (see the link in my signature...).
Jeremy L.
Do you buy ethically?
Magic Fakes
zhuanan
View Profile
Veteran user
383 Posts

Profile of zhuanan
Thanks!

I came to know that Misleading Mislead and the "non-gimmicked pen thru bill effects in Ignis Fetuus" has two phases which closely resembles Misled.

Does anyone know the difference between "Misleading Mislead" and the pen thru bill effect in Ignis Fetuus by Zach Allen? If I only want to choose one, which version should I choose?

I have emailed Zach Allen at his hotmail account a few days back but has not received any reply from him. Anyonw knows how could he be contacted? Or is he currently contactable?

I thought of sending monies to him via paypal to buy Ignis Fetuus but afraid that there is no response since no reply is from his hotmail account yet...
RP
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of RP
Many people here in the Café have had problems getting in touch with him, recieving thier purchases, and getting refunds. I would steer clear of Zach Allen.
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Zach allens is less angle forgiving and just dosnt look as good (p.s misleading misleas was created before zach allens)

Alan