The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Up in smoke! :: Repairing a fire wallet (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Soupdragon
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Soupdragon
I need to glue the mechanism back onto a fire wallet. Is there anything I need to bear in mind when choosing the right adhesive? It needs to be very strong and---obviously--- not flammable. Would superglue be ok?

It's a nice wallet & the one's I've seen in my magic suppliers is expensive & doesn't look half as good. Cheers
Glenn Alloway
View Profile
Regular user
Edmonton AB Canada
103 Posts

Profile of Glenn Alloway
Most adhesives used in fire wallets are broken down by the lighter fluid. Crazy glue is much the same and will not work. I had the same probelm and I fixed it with an epoxy. The epoxy is the only thing I have found that will take the heat and chemical solvent. I glued mine three years ago and have never seen a problem since.
"This is madness and yet there is method in it." ~Shakespeare
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
Do a search in this forum as I think a lot of good response have already been made to this exact question.

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
Tony Curtis
View Profile
Special user
Bangkok Thailand
840 Posts

Profile of Tony Curtis
With my Pro Fire Wallet the fire gauze has been sewn not just glued inside to prevent any fire debris from falling onto the floor. http://www.tonycurtismagic.com
Over 100 previous Magic Wagon effects along with descriptions,
images & videos can now be viewed on my website.

Click Here