The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Stage Illusions :: Hologram Builders (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
donsmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
257 Posts

Profile of donsmagic
I want to purchase Steinmeyer's Hologram and noticed that both Bill Smith and William Kennedy are making them. Any comments on who to buy from? Thank you. Don
Tony S
View Profile
Special user
New York
582 Posts

Profile of Tony S
Wile I haven't worked with either of them, they are both considered to be among the elite illusion builders. You probably can't go wrong either way.
We are all about as successful as we choose to be.

www.anthonysisti.com
Magic Monkichi
View Profile
Elite user
Ontario, Canada
401 Posts

Profile of Magic Monkichi
Dons;
I have heard great things about both builders. One thing I would suggest is contacting both builders and asking for photos of Holograms that they have finished so you can compare and make a better decision that way.

Matt
Kline
View Profile
Veteran user
361 Posts

Profile of Kline
I have spoken to Willie about building one - he just finished a new piece for me and his workmanship is incredible ! I also have a good number of Bill Smith projects, so it is really a matter of taste - they do build differently.
My suggestion would be to contact them both and ask. Both are very nice guys and will take the time to talk with you about the project.
If I'm not mistaken, the price will be somewhere around $8500 to $9000 plus cases.
Steven Kline
<BR><BR>www.stevenkline.com
<BR><BR>www.stevenklineproductions.com
Follow me on Twitter
@steveklinemagic
Stephan
View Profile
New user
Germany, Dipperz
19 Posts

Profile of Stephan
I own one from Bill Smith ... very well built, beautiful and one of our favourites. Good Luck, regards from Germany

Stephan

http://www.svkoeller.de
Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1732 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
This may sound a little dumb; however, I do realize Jim Steinmeyer did release a book on "Modern Art"... is there a book featuring plans for "Hologram" or is this only to be built by an exclusive builder?
Bryan
RVH Magic
View Profile
Special user
877 Posts

Profile of RVH Magic
There are no plans available for hologram...
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
Another thing to ask, is how long it will take.

Good illusion builders are in demand (maybe not as much as they would like, but they are busy..) but you wouldn't want to get caught waiting past an expected performance date.

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
Dylan Weese
View Profile
New user
Minnesota
31 Posts

Profile of Dylan Weese
I've never heard of this illusion before. What does it do, or look like, anything that would give me an idea. Thanks in advance.

Dylan
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
I 2nd. that...

What's this illusion like?

Any vid links?

Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
haywire
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia
760 Posts

Profile of haywire
I'd also be interested in seeing this illusion or a video demo...
MCM
View Profile
Elite user
Minnesota
456 Posts

Profile of MCM
I think hologram is a "shadow box" type apearance illusion. It is the one with one end of the illusion higher than the other.
Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1732 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
I've noticed that the difference between the two builders is small variations. One looks sleek and sharp as the other has a squatier look to it... Aren't there specific dementions that Jim set or is it different angles of pictures giving the difference in appearance?

Bryan
Laszlo Csizmadi
View Profile
Special user
From Hell
868 Posts

Profile of Laszlo Csizmadi
Here you can see; http://www.jimsteinmeyer.com/creations/

on the side there is a picture.

Holography
Performed by Rick Thomas and The Pendragons: the lady escaping from a two-dimensional hologram.
Falconer
View Profile
Special user
PORTUGAL
576 Posts

Profile of Falconer
Dear Magic Friends,

Which is the difference between the Hologram illusion and the Shadow Theatre of Jim Steinmeyer?

In both illusions that shadows became reality!

What I see is only design!

I would like to hear some opinion.

Thanks,

FALCONER
FALCONER
IMAGICIANS.DE facebook falcobook
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
1954 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
Fellows, is there any site I can see the clip performance of Hologram??
thanks,
CC.
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
1954 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
I found it...perform by Hans Klok.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBMpx_JkEsg

Cheers,
CC
mbgenii
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of mbgenii
The Hans Klok is a great version. Great assistant. Here is our version http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=As6_AQGACDk Enjoy:) In my opinion, the Hologram is the most beautiful "shadow box" illusion out there. I waited 10 years to perform it and it was well worth it. I get to perform it again on Saturday and I can't wait!
Kendrix
View Profile
Loyal user
232 Posts

Profile of Kendrix
I have the Bill Smith version. It is well built but a little top heavy. I have to cover the move my assistant has to make by rotating it or the whole illusion shakes. I have thought about welding in additional braces or casters that lock and raise the illusion up with rubber feet. I bought mine used from a magician getting a divorce and paid quite a bit less than the new price. Otherwise it would be annoying to have the problem above