The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Polly wants a cracker... :: Instant Dove (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
haywire
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia
760 Posts

Profile of haywire
I liked the look of the demo but I would not spend that much on something only to get a project to work on to "improve" it or make it usuable for long term use.

I agree with the previous poster, for that much money, it better be just take it out of the box and play, the last thing I need when I spend that much money is another project.

If I splurge on a prop (instead of building it myself) I don't want to have to reinforce it, or add parts to make it not suck.

Just my two cents.

Steven
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Haywire,

I agree. You should get everything you bought.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Tod Todson
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1296 Posts

Profile of Tod Todson
No word though if this was actually improved though since 2005?

Anyone bought one recently and found the same flimsy workmanship?
Mystifier, Youth Speaker
<BR><BR>
BalukMagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Toronto, Canada
319 Posts

Profile of BalukMagic
I bought one a couple months back in February but can't compare it to the previous models as I never saw them.

The stand is quite flimsy and the mechanism broke (nothing big, I modded mine to be replaced easier.

But it really is a nice effect.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
It is no longer $320.00. Now it is $270.00, $50.00 less. I like the effect, but not how it wobbles after the production. If it was only sturdy.
magicodine
View Profile
Loyal user
italy
202 Posts

Profile of magicodine
I'm so annoyed!!! The doves can break free from the table!!! before I hit it with the egg and it is not like I have used it a hundred times... and even if I had used it 10000 times it should still be able to work.
I'm supposed to use it on Friday but I'm too scared it won't work and that plays an important part in my act, I can't replace it with something else because I'm telling a story
MikeRaffone
View Profile
Special user
623 Posts

Profile of MikeRaffone
I don't have the prop but was about to purchase it today.

magicodine - Are you sure it is not an issue with the size of the dove? Maybe too small or too big?

Mike
Mike Perrello
DC Area's Leading Family Entertainment Expert
The Great Danton
View Profile
Elite user
Westfield, North Carolina, USA
449 Posts

Profile of The Great Danton
If it was sturdy, I would probably get one, but just from the looks of it, I'll save for that head chopper I need more. =P
"You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden; nor does anyone light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on the lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house."