The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Jay Scott Berry's "Chameleon Knots" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Justin Hepton
View Profile
Regular user
Surrey, in the UK
136 Posts

Profile of Justin Hepton
Hello everyone!

Been a while since my last post, but I have just been to a truly inspiring lecture by Jay Scott Berry at my local society of Magicians, and thought id ask your opinion on a few things...

I saw jay perform a terrific and highly visual effect called the "Chameleon Knots" and was wondering if any of you guys (or girls!) perform this and enjoy it and are happy with the reactions you get? It looked awesome when Jay performed it, and I'm sure with practice I will have it looking as smooth as that in no time, but I cant help thinking that at certain points in the illusion, one of the hands looks a little "dirty" - for those of you that know the trick, you'll know what I mean! Unfortunately, when I get a new trick, I can be a little over analytical and perhaps notice things that maybe fellow magicians may nnotice but not lay people.

Any tips, experiences, ideas, thoughts you may have on this would be appreciated!

Oh, one other thing, do you think to perform this with background music and no talking at all is the best way? or perhaps you think some patter would only serve to enhance this great effect? Look forward to your responses!

Ive also just got "Symphony of the ring on ribbon" but that's another post!....

Thanks everyone!
"After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

- Italian proverb
Billy Bo
View Profile
Special user
627 Posts

Profile of Billy Bo
Also been to his lecture at my club in Essex. Just remember to lay people the knots are real from the moment you tie them to when you undo them. Stage with music is best so people won't get up and ask to examine.
Justin Hepton
View Profile
Regular user
Surrey, in the UK
136 Posts

Profile of Justin Hepton
Thanks Stevie!

Has anyone else got any experience or tips for this?

ta!

Justin

- Italian proverb
Robert Kohler
View Profile
Special user
Fayetteville, Arkansas
520 Posts

Profile of Robert Kohler
Even when I performed this to close family and friends before I had really perfected it, it crushed them - and they are usually the worse critics. It was a surprise to me the response it got because I didn't think it was that good. I think music is a good idea on this one too......
We judge ourselves by our intentions - others judge us by our actions.....
<BR>
<BR>B. Wilson
Justin Hepton
View Profile
Regular user
Surrey, in the UK
136 Posts

Profile of Justin Hepton
Sounds great!

I'm looking forward to showing the "finished product" to everyone when ive rehearsed it til my hands bleed! ; )

thanks!

- Italian proverb
MAKMagic
View Profile
Special user
I got banned for one of my
555 Posts

Profile of MAKMagic
Hello Justin et.al.

I recently went to Jay's lecture and purchased Chameleon Knots. The only part of the instructions I found to be a bit unclear was the right hand position starting point for the second change change back. Itll smooth out a bit soon I'm sure...Anyways...I perform mainly walkaround or table hopping, so performing to music won't work, neither will silent performing...it doesn't fit my style. Has anyone found or come up with any useful patter ideas for this routine? If not, once I come up with something I'll be sure to post.
.:Michael Kelley
On the Level, By the Square