The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: We double dare you! :: Maybe really good torn and restored card! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
funny_gecko
View Profile
Elite user
436 Posts

Profile of funny_gecko
Ok the caqrd is a gimmick it wouldnt be much ticker than a normal card. but in the middle.. "the rip" it is magnetic so it sticks together there can be little slits there that hold the card strahg so right in front of their eyes the card is together or even if you had something on your fingers you could wipe on the "rip" to help cover it.. oh yha keeps this card away from credit cards:D
Justin2200
View Profile
Veteran user
319 Posts

Profile of Justin2200
You couldn't get them to sign the card, otherwise you'd have to buy a new one everytime you did the trick. I think the backbone of a good T&R is the fact that the spectator signs it, then watches it rip. And how are you planning on making the paper ripping sound?
The Presitidigitationist
funny_gecko
View Profile
Elite user
436 Posts

Profile of funny_gecko
If there is only one crad it doesn't need to be signed and the card is still paper so rubbign it to gther would make a sound.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27314 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
It helps to know what's been done before.

In this case, I believe the idea is sound and has been used for platform stuff.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Quote:
On 2005-05-08 00:20, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
It helps to know what's been done before.

In this case, I believe the idea is sound and has been used for platform stuff.

And not just with cards.
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
funny_gecko
View Profile
Elite user
436 Posts

Profile of funny_gecko
Oh yes I am sure people have done it before
Justin2200
View Profile
Veteran user
319 Posts

Profile of Justin2200
I dunno..signing the card always helps to amplify the reaction, otherwise you get accused of having a duplicate. And can people examine this card? I guess that's my pet peave..I don't have any trick decks cuz they can't be examined. I am considering taking a different approach though. I've seen a lot of people say that people asking to see your cards is similar to asking a violinist for their instrument. They aren't gonna give it to you. I'll probably do this. anyone in their right mind knows we are using sleight anyway.
The Presitidigitationist
funny_gecko
View Profile
Elite user
436 Posts

Profile of funny_gecko
Oh yha yha you cant really end clean and thought does suck but this is just a thought
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27314 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
The method/mechanics and the presentation/script are seperate issues.

The mechanical card is a good idea. The presentation issues are slightly limited by the way you personalize the card.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
funny_gecko
View Profile
Elite user
436 Posts

Profile of funny_gecko
Well put johnathon and it is just a badic concept you canse this idea and always make it better
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10970 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
I believe Steve Dusheck some years ago had a marketed torn and restored card that THE GIMMICKED CARD WAS A MAGNET....
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
funny_gecko
View Profile
Elite user
436 Posts

Profile of funny_gecko
Yha I have seen a fewout there that I believe ythat is the explanation