The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workshop :: Blade box? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
FacadeTheStiltBoy
View Profile
Elite user
Greensboro NC
474 Posts

Profile of FacadeTheStiltBoy
I think that if I do some digging, but I'm not quite so sure on where....

But I'm looking for plans to build an old school blade box. I know that there are different patterns, but I'm looking for one of the oldest pattern types. (also I think that it would be cool to re-finish the top to use as a set of turntable stands when I DJ at shows as well. (internal speakers possibly, or have it set up with the lighting system hidden here and there around the box too)

Sorry if I come off rather rambly about it, I like my coffee and had more than my fare share.
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
When you say old-school, do you mean the one commonly used in sideshows in which the victim is horizontal and the blades are big sheets rather than swords? Paul Osborne has plans for this in "Haunted Illusions."

Yours,

Paul
Deke Rivers
View Profile
Loyal user
216 Posts

Profile of Deke Rivers
It also shows up in the February 1998 MUM. However, the best way to make it is to simply place your assistant on her side in a semi-fetal position and trace around her, then figure out the optimum placement of the blades. It works.
FacadeTheStiltBoy
View Profile
Elite user
Greensboro NC
474 Posts

Profile of FacadeTheStiltBoy
Quote:
On 2005-04-27 09:13, drwilson wrote:
When you say old-school, do you mean the one commonly used in sideshows in which the victim is horizontal and the blades are big sheets rather than swords? Paul Osborne has plans for this in "Haunted Illusions."

Yours,

Paul

Yeah that's exactly it. More or less I need just the general information, becuase I don't know about building one that would only fit one person (size wise) just in case my assistant can't do it that night and I have one of my friends around as backup.
Deke Rivers
View Profile
Loyal user
216 Posts

Profile of Deke Rivers
By tracing your average-sized girl, and leaving a little "wiggle room", you can acomodate girls of different sizes. I made my blade slots slightly linger than the width of the blades, so the blades can be adjusted while being inserted around the girl. Works great, and it's one hell of a moneymaker.
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
Don't miss the discussion of the pitch here.

Yours,

Paul