The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: TT : soft vs hard (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Quartin
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of Quartin
Soft TT vs hard TT: pros and cons. Any advice would be helpful. I own a soft one.

Thanks
Fernando
Bobcape
View Profile
Elite user
Rapid City, SD
470 Posts

Profile of Bobcape
Buy several of each and give them both a try. Each type has its own advatages for certain effects. For instance, I always use a hard TT for the bill switch.

Bob
Be Amazed! + Enjoy The Magic!
freakshowjim
View Profile
New user
singapore
66 Posts

Profile of freakshowjim
I own a hard TT. It serves me well. It's easy to put on and take off. Frankly, I don't see any reason to get a soft one, except for the fact that they are able to make it look more realistic (I think) which is not important at all to me.

Moreover, the soft ones get dirty more easily.
Quartin
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of Quartin
Thank you all,
Fernando
tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
2006 Posts

Profile of tbaer
I like both. Depending on the trick will depend which kind I use. I find it easier and smoother to use a hard TT when working with dollar bills.
woodenmarvels
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of woodenmarvels
I have both as well. But the secret is to put a hard tt INSIDE of the soft tt. This gives me the best of both worlds. A solid and rigid compartment, and a realistic looking exterior. Amazing! ~al~
Magic is all around us, everywhere, every day. If you would just open your eyes to see it, you would be truly amazed.
Visit my world of automata at: http://www.members.aol.com/churchmouseabc/
~MagicAl
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Fernando,

If you will use the search function (Cafe QuickSearch) you will be reading about this for some time.

Give it a try!

Bob
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Quartin
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of Quartin
Thanks again
Fernando
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
A "tip" I once read about using TT's is to put a small hole in the end of it to avoid any "suction" that might take place while getting it off during performance. Anyone do this? Mark.
Artinct
View Profile
New user
CT USA
17 Posts

Profile of Artinct
I used a needle to make a small hole at the "cuticle". This worked to relieve the suction and make it easier to slip off.