The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: We double dare you! :: Chinese Wedding B'Wave (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Alan Wheeler
View Profile
Inner circle
Posting since 2002 with
2038 Posts

Profile of Alan Wheeler
Lay on the table a red pen, an eraser, and a face up Joker. "This Joker is a Chinese boy who is looking for a bride. Please imagine that these are four ladies--the Queens of spades, hearts, clubs, diamonds--all wearing blue dresses." (display and count the four blue-backed cards.) "Imagine that there are two black-haired sisters and two red-haired sisters [if you don't think there are red-haired girls in China, then you haven't been here recently]. I will remove one pair of sisters; do you imagine they are the red-haired or the black-haired pair? Red? You are right. And I will turn one face up. Is she the heart or the diamond? The heart? You are right."

Now take the eraser and magically erase the ladies who were not chosen. Take the red pen and magically color the back of the chosen lady, because in China brides wear red dresses!

spread the cards and it is so! The Queen of hearts is face up. She has a red back. The other cards are blank. (based on Phil Goldstien's B'Wave or 1/2 the Twisted Sister effect)

alan
The views and comments expressed on this post may be mere speculation and are not necessarily the opinions, values, or beliefs of Alan Wheeler.
A BLENDED PATH
Christian Reflections on Tarot
Word Crimes
Technology and Faith........Bad Religion
peppermeat2000
View Profile
Elite user
428 Posts

Profile of peppermeat2000
Why a Chinese boy? I think he looks more like a Swede.