The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads :: "Out Of This Cosmos" :: TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
Greg,

May I sugest that you should start using PayPal as an paying method instead of the one now when buying Cosmos. I filled in the one you have now, but I was neglected the purchase.
(error 26) I belive it was.

Peo
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
GKurtz
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of GKurtz
I agree, go with Paypal, its a lot easier for everyone
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On 2005-04-11 03:33, Nikodini wrote:
I hope there is a Mac version soon! But, I absolutely *loathe* DRM and tend to stay away from it! I think that DRM is abomination of how content distribution should work. It is a great annoyance as well. For example, could you please answer these questions please:

1) What happens when I'm not connected to the net? Can I still play this video?

2) What happens when your site is down and you can't connect to the DRM server?

3) What happens if I back up this video on a CD and try to play it on my laptop, for example? What happens when I have to reinstall or upgrade my OS?

4) What will happen to this video once your site goes away or you decide to shut it down?

Due to all these issues with DRM, I will not buy your video. DRM is just a nuisance to your paying customer. Also, I can assure you, pirates will find a way to crack your video and post it somewhere... they always do and they will find a way... that's an absolute certainty. What DRM is doing is inconveniencing your paying customers.

If you release this on DVD or as a DRM-free version, I will buy it.

Also, please read this to learn about the pros and cons of DRM and what it can do to your business: http://craphound.com/msftdrm.txt

I agree that pay-pal is the best route although not everyone is a member. In relation to the video, you only need to watch them all a couple of times and then you might as well delete them, as you will know exactly how to perform all versions taught. I do not intend clogging up my hard drive with videos that I no longer require. For your information, the videos are very good quality.
jbadman
View Profile
Special user
London
991 Posts

Profile of jbadman
I keep getting that too:

"This transaction can not be accepted".

Before that I got "address is not that of the cardholder" (it was!).

Looks like this product is going to be hard to buy!

Any news on these problems, Greg ?

Jamie.
http://www.underground-collective.com - check out our new DVD now!
brainman
View Profile
Special user
973 Posts

Profile of brainman
Paypal!
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
Skynet will become self-aware in
2885 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Hello friends,

Whew . . . what a night . . . The COSMOS website is UP and RUNNING again. (Thank you sooo much Geoffrey!!)

I just made a purchase of COSMOS and everything was PERFECT.

For those of you who are having problems with your purchase all I can suggest is if you could please look at the input fields and make sure you have filled them out correctly.

Also, for those of you who would prefer PayPal, I'm gonna try to hook that up tomorrow morning.

Finally I want to address the issue about DRM.

DRM is not as bad as you think. When you first purchase COSMOS, you only have to put in the user-name and password ONCE. At this point you are welcome to Back-Up COSMOS on ANY digital medium that you like. From there on you can simply open the video and watch it any time you like without ANY inconviences. Your COSMOS viewing rights will NEVER expire. There are only 2 conditions that you must follow:

1. You must be on the internet to view your videos. ( just like Penguin Magic's DL Videos)
2. You must play back your movies on the same CPU that you DLed them on.

As Pegasus has stated:
Quote:
In relation to the video, you only need to watch them all a couple of times and then you might as well delete them, as you will know exactly how to perform all versions taught. I do not intend clogging up my hard drive with videos that I no longer require. For your information, the videos are very good quality.

I bet that you're not gonna look at these videos more then 4 times in your whole life! Please remember, COSMOS does NOT use any sleight of hand. Hence, you don't need to watch the video over and over to catch some of my subtleties in sleights since there aren't any.

And last but not least, the Mac issue. Like I've said before, I'm very dedicated to making COSMOS work on the Mac. I also want to thank all of my Mac friends here in the Café that have offered their support for helping me reach that goal. Thank You.

All the best,

Greg Rostami
PsiDroid
View Profile
Inner circle
2164 Posts

Profile of PsiDroid
Ok, I finally saw the video. I'm lucky I did not buy it because it was almost exactly as I thought it was.

And I don't like one limit you have with the people you use (cannot say more without exposing part of the thing).

When full reviews will be given somewhere in the appropriate threads, I will give mine (which is negative).
jbadman
View Profile
Special user
London
991 Posts

Profile of jbadman
PsiDroid - you saw the full vid ? Without buying ? Or did you see the vid on the site (can't see how you can figure the method from that). Seems a bit unfair to offer a review without even having bought the product.

Jamie.
MagicMarker
View Profile
Elite user
498 Posts

Profile of MagicMarker
This is not a review, just a question, perhaps someone who's got this trick can answer. I love OOTW type tricks, but I have one that I'm very happy with, Galaxy by Paul Harris.

My question is, is it really worth €20 for this version of the trick, when you can get Art of Astonishment Vol 3 for a little more than that, and get Galaxy, and a whole lot more in a beautiful book?

I'm downloading the Demo at the moment, but without giving away too much, just a yes no answer will do. It it so much better than Galaxy that it's worth Passing up AOA3 for this trick?

-MM
xformer7
View Profile
Veteran user
Central NJ
309 Posts

Profile of xformer7
Quote:
On 2005-04-11 06:36, grostami wrote:
...Finally I want to address the issue about DRM...
Greg Rostami

Did I miss the fix for those users who bought and were receiving the insufficient license error?
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2885 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Hi MagicMarker,

I hope that the demo video as well as the condition list, will show you some of the differences between the two versions of OOTW.

As far as buying Paul Harris' book AOA . . . I highly recommend it.

take care,
Greg Rostami
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
I tried again, checked my spelling over and over, but: "(27) The transaction resulted in an AVS mismatch. The address provided does not match billing address of cardholder."

hmmm
what to do, what to do...

Peo
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2885 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Hi xformer7,

The license errors have been resolved.

Peo Olsson,

I'm sorry to hear you're having problems with the purchase. I'm going to make PayPal available sometime today.

all the best,
Greg Rostami
PsiDroid
View Profile
Inner circle
2164 Posts

Profile of PsiDroid
Quote:
On 2005-04-11 08:24, jbadman wrote:
PsiDroid - you saw the full vid ? Without buying ? Or did you see the vid on the site (can't see how you can figure the method from that). Seems a bit unfair to offer a review without even having bought the product.

Jamie.

I saw the full video. A friend of mine has bought it and I watched the video.

Why do you guys have to assume that I've not seen it only because my review was on the negative side? If this is not a free forum in which we can express our TRUE opinion, then I guess it's not the forum I would like to be in.

And, as I've said, I could elaborate in detail what I'm not liking about the methodology (Can I have my opinion or should I conform to all the YEAHH enthusiasts here?) but unless someone will start a detailed thread for reviews maybe in secret sessions, I will not elaborate here in this open forum for everyone to read.
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
Greg,

As soon you have PayPal running, please tell us.
And btw, Peo will do just fine Smile
jbadman
View Profile
Special user
London
991 Posts

Profile of jbadman
PsiDroid; you misunderstand; you can have whatever opinion you like - my point was really that if it was the full vid you formed your opinion from, then your viewing of the vid was a little unethical. Your opinion as a result is just as valid - but in all honesty, had you LOVED the effect, would you then have bought it - given you'd already learnt all you needed to know ?

Jamie.
MagicMarker
View Profile
Elite user
498 Posts

Profile of MagicMarker
Quote:
I hope that the demo video as well as the condition list, will show you some of the differences between the two versions of OOTW.

Certainly the conditions list makes it sound impressive. In fact it makes it sound like magic. But I've seen a few too many text descriptions of tricks to make a purchase based on that.

I hope I don't offend you, I don't think you're lying. You're selling a magic effect, sometimes it can be hard to tell the difference. Smile

Best of luck with it.

-Rd
PsiDroid
View Profile
Inner circle
2164 Posts

Profile of PsiDroid
Quote:
On 2005-04-11 08:46, jbadman wrote:

had you loved the effect, would you then have bought it - given you'd already learnt all you needed to know ?

Nope.

I don't see this better than another version of OOTW I was already doing with two people freely choosing if wanting or not the cards I was giving them. At the end, both of them have only one color in their piles and I'm left with mixed cards.
xformer7
View Profile
Veteran user
Central NJ
309 Posts

Profile of xformer7
Quote:
On 2005-04-11 08:36, grostami wrote:
Hi xformer7,

The license errors have been resolved.

Greg Rostami

Good news, thanks Mr. Rostami. Please advise how I view the video as I still get the "used all its license files for the month" error. (I apologize for using the board to post, but your PM's are maxed out).
Liams-Heart
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of Liams-Heart
Sounds like I'm one of the lucky few that have successfully downloaded and watched the video. I haven't watched the bonus tricks video yet but I will say that I am impressed. The production and instruction quality is very nice and I really think the COSMOS effect is outstanding.

My only beef would be related to the demo video. It's so heavily edited that what you see in the demo video is very different from the full performance. I realize that Greg did this so he wouldn't tip any methods - but I don't think it's a fair representation of the final effect. I (and I believe others) would have bought the video based on a description of the effect and test conditions alone.

Nice job Greg!

Just my two cents!