The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tricks & Accessories :: Gaff Tiger Deck by Ellusionist :: TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3784 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Gaff Tiger Deck by Ellusionist
-----------------oOo-----------------

Description:
The Gaff Black Deck — a monster weapon for the serious card worker.

It's the ultimate resource for Black Tiger Deck owners — the pinnacle of innovative routines for using the Black Deck. The Black Tiger Gaff Deck features an entire deck of specially designed cards custom-made for use in routines and effects. Each card was designed with a specific use in mind, but the possibilities are undeniably endless.

The Bicycle® Black Tiger Deck has become the choice for many magicians who want to make sure that people stand up and take notice of the magic they perform. For 4 months the Ellusionist team has worked on creating cards that could ENHANCE the usefulness of your Black Tiger Deck —they have created much more.

The Black Tiger Gaff Deck contains 56 unique cards that have the same high quality look and feel as the original deck, including the new UV500 finish that makes the deck feel so good in your hands. The Gaff cards are made from the same stock and finish as the original deck so that these cards will fit seamlessly in with your regular Black Deck

Here is a small list of just some of the cards available:

• Double-Faces
  • Double-Backs
  • Different color backs
  • Artistic concept cards
  • Blank Faces and Blank Backs
  • and much much more...

The possibilities are absolutely endless — each of the 56 cards possesses an eerie feeling that will immediately activate your creativity.

------------------------------------------

So you may be thinking; "What's all the fuss about? It's only a deck of gaffed cards..." Sure, it is a deck of gaffed playing cards, but verrry special cards I dare say. Smile

Included are many of the so called STANDARD gaffed cards. You know, double backers, double facers, etc. However, there are many things that are truly unique about this particular offering. First and most important is the fact that these cards are designed to work with the now famous Black Tiger Decks that Ellusionist released a few months back. But wait! There is more - plenty more.

Not only can you use these special cards with your Black Tigers, but many of the cards can be used in conjunction with a normal Bicycle deck, and that my friend is a real advantage, at least from my point of view. There are so many different designs (56 cards in all) that you'll spend months finding different uses for these bad boys. Those that are into mentalism or bizzare magic will find the spooky Voodoo cards more then a bit interesting. Did I mention the errie skull and Black Widow spider cards?

If the spooky stuff is not your cup of tea, don't worry because there are plenty of other designs that you'll find to your liking. Some of the cards even have the standard Rider Back red and blue back design and color. A small note here - you may notice that the shade of blue is not exactly the same shade that is on a standard Rider back card, and Ellusionist is honest enough to mention this on their website. Big deal says I. I've encountered this issue with normal gaffed decks I've purchased at magic shops over the years and I have to tell you that your spectators are not going to notice. Only us magicians spot such things. Smile
Incidentally, Brad at Ellusionist tells me that he had replacement cards printed for the slightly "OFF" color of the blue backed cards included in the Gaff Deck... these are now included outside the box upon purchase.

Those of you who may think the cards sound cool but are afraid to take the plunge for fear of coming up with anything creative with these beauties should check out The Black Deck Book which has a ton of ideas you can use. You can read my review here!

What else can be said? Cool cards that can really help bring your magic over the top, what more do you want? If I had any complaints, it would be the price. While a bit pricey, I think considering these were custom made through The US Playing Card Co you really can't go wrong. After all, it's not like you can buy these bad boys at your local grocer so you might as well grab a deck while they are still available. Highly recommended. Smile

------------------------------------------
My rating:

Suggested retail is: $29.95

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Gaff Tiger Decks can be ordered directly from Ellusionist.
You can contact them at: team@ellusionist.com

Visit Brad Christian's website to order direct:
Ellusionist.com

Ellusionist
49 LYFORD DRIVE #1
TIBURON, CA. 94920
U.S.A.

Phone: 1-866-244-2426
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks