The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Polly wants a cracker... :: Balloon to Doves--or--Dove Casket? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1831 Posts

Profile of wally
When I read about Chalet's dove tray, it states that your assistant holds tray. Do you need a assistant or not?
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
For the mechanical tray, you will need an assistant.

Therefore, I do not use the mechanical tray.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Vinnie Laraway
View Profile
Inner circle
1272 Posts

Profile of Vinnie Laraway
Hey guys...

I'm looking into getting a dove tray, but I was just wondering...

1. Do all Balloon To Dove Trays have to be held by an assistant, or can some be placed on the table and used?
2. (If this is not exposure) If there are, how are the Balloon To Dove Trays that can just be set on the table used? (A timer, or a remote control?)
3. What is the best Balloon To Dove Tray out on the market right now? (Please state if this one needs an assistant or not)

Thanks
-Vinnie
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Vinnie,

#1. I think that all dove trays made today as a shelf item for magic shops, have mechanical requirements that mean you or an assistant will need to be touching it.

#2. I'm unaware of any professional quality dove trays made for magic shops today that use a timer or remote control.

#3. Chalet is the best money will buy. (I think I have six. Some are 25 years old and going strong.)

#4. The question you didn't ask! How can you get what pros really use that will work on a table base and with no assistant? You start with a new Chalet mechanical one and have it custom reworked by a professional prop builder. Forget cheap. (I would recommend a US Navy electronics expert from the 80s.)

Both are killer effects!

Have you tried to find a used professional one?

I like your determination. Keep at it!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Vinnie Laraway
View Profile
Inner circle
1272 Posts

Bob,

Thanks for the help! That pretty much stinks that you need to customize it in order for it to do that... "Ugh"... Smile

Some more questions:

1. Have you customized any BTDT's and made it timed or remote controled? (If so, did you do it yourself, or get help? [From who did you get the help?])
2. Do you think it would be possible to customize this by myself or with my father's help? (He is very handy with tools, and building, but not so much with electronics.)
3. (If you know) How much would it be if I had it customly done by a professional?
4. Do you know of any people who sell custom BTDT's that we are discussing?

Thanks!
-Vinnie
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Vennie,

Why don't you email me your phone number?

Bob@MagicBySander.com

I think we need to talk. I'm home tonight and Tuesday morning. Then I'm not available again until the 16th. But I can call you from my car.

Bob
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Vinnie Laraway
View Profile
Inner circle
1272 Posts

Quote:
On 2006-02-06 20:14, Bob Sanders wrote:
Vennie,

Why don't you email me your phone number?

Bob@MagicBySander.com

I think we need to talk. I'm home tonight and Tuesday morning. Then I'm not available again until the 16th. But I can call you from my car.

Bob
Magic By Sander

That'd be great Bob!
I'll email you right now!

-Vinnie