The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: I'm a real boy! :: Trunk for Axtell Products & Show (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
James Adamson
View Profile
Special user
Deatsville - Holtville - Slapout, AL
945 Posts

Profile of James Adamson
The ones I have found that I like are @

http://www.trunkoutlet.com/

The weight without tray before, 23 pounds for the smaller, 26 for the medium, and 29 for the larger.

Right now I have a trunk that is made of black plastic with hinges, locks, etc and only weights about 10 pounds. Not near as professional looking as these trunks, but a large jump in weight compared to the above trunks. My whole show equipment weights around - 7 pounds.

To those that use trunks is this the weight range that yours falls into?
Be remembered for performing what looks like MAGIC, not skill.
olivertwist
View Profile
Special user
Nashua, NH
588 Posts

Profile of olivertwist
James,
I haven't weighed mine. But as I was unloading after my show yesterday I was thinking it's way too heavy. I've got to find a lighter trunk. 10 lbs sounds really good. I bet you get get one made from carbon fiber that would be really strong and light. For now I'm looking at getting the Rock n Roller C2 micro cart. Sell for about $90 and holds up to 350 lbs. It can be used as a hand truck or a dolly.

Oliver
ChrisJ
View Profile
Loyal user
Lapeer, MI
226 Posts

Profile of ChrisJ
Quote:
On 2005-02-21 06:09, olivertwist wrote:
For now I'm looking at getting the Rock n Roller C2 micro cart. Sell for about $90 and holds up to 350 lbs. It can be used as a hand truck or a dolly.

Oliver

Oliver can you tell me where you found this case you mentioned there please? Been window shopping cases myself for vent figures and magic props. thx

Chris
olivertwist
View Profile
Special user
Nashua, NH
588 Posts

Profile of olivertwist
Chris,
I haven't found one like that yet. That's just my speculation. I'm still using a heavy trunk, wishing I had a really light one.

Oliver
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Me too Oliver. I wish I could find a nice light-weight case. Perhaps a music store might have something. Drum cases used to be made from carbon fiber.

James, those cases look super! I might have ordered one, but I just recently bought a trunk. I am modifying it now, so I can't take it back.

Regan
Mister Mystery
Budihaha
View Profile
Veteran user
Bandung - Indonesia
331 Posts

Profile of Budihaha
Since Axtell puppet is very light weight and can be compressed, I use several type of trunk. Those are a Red Plastic Polo Travel case, a day pack, a wood crate, and an old leather case. I use it depend on the story that I want to build up.

Regards,

Budi Ha Ha
Budi H. Hadiwarsito
Bandung - Indonesia
www.budihaha.com
danryb
View Profile
Special user
506 Posts

Profile of danryb
I invested in the most expencive and modern samsonite suitcase.
it stands on 4 realy well made caster wheels that enables the case to be moved side to side and back and forth on the stage before I find its position. I then lie it down and open up the 3 locking hinges and prop the top up against a stool on stage which I use to put props on.
it's a hard suitcase - available in black or red and can hold 2 large puppets + a couple smaller ones and some props.

enjoy,
dani the magician
Chuck Lyons
View Profile
Loyal user
Channahon, IL
264 Posts

Profile of Chuck Lyons
I know when I met Jimmy nelson years ago he was using fiber cases like drum cases for danny and farfel. I do know that maher studios does cary several cases for puppets that are a fiber tupe in different sizes and are very light weight. I have 2 of them one I lined with carpet foam for my haed figure and the other I use now for storae of my older collectable puppets.
Whitewolfny
View Profile
Loyal user
216 Posts

Profile of Whitewolfny
What's wrong with a standard suitcase instead of a trunk? we have a set of London Fog suitcases that have a nice shape, and they have the wheels on the bottom and an extendable handle to pull through air ports. Just curious.
Braxton Mannar
<BR>Just an old dog trying to learn new tricks Smile
danryb
View Profile
Special user
506 Posts

Profile of danryb
No problem what-so-ever whighty worfy, mightymorphy, mighty mouse - what's your name...whitewolfny?