The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workshop :: Channel for Assistants Revenge (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Daktari
View Profile
Regular user
USA
154 Posts

Profile of Daktari
What is the channeling used for the curtain on an Assistants Revenge? Where is it obtained? Thanks in advance!
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3434 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
I would look in a home improvement store for "Round Shower Curtain" tracking.

Cheers! Smile
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
Bill Blagg Jr
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of Bill Blagg Jr
I think if you would look at the curtains that they use in a hospital to block off the room. I believe this would work for you.
Daktari
View Profile
Regular user
USA
154 Posts

Profile of Daktari
I found what I need right here: http://store.yahoo.com/medicalproductsdi......ree.html
Thanks everyone!
redwine
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of redwine
Daktari,
I would keep looking if I were you.
That track is almost impossible to bend.
Owen
mvmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Has written
1322 Posts

Profile of mvmagic
Owen is right, that track is quite sturdy and I think its impossible to bend at home. If you try, I think it'll get damaged.

However there's this thin curtain track which looks like an I-beam, which is what I have on mine. It bends much more easily. Don't how available it is though, mine is salvaged from a junkyard.
Sent from my Typewriter
Michael Messing
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville, TN
1817 Posts

Profile of Michael Messing
Try a place that sells campers. They use an aluminum track for the show curtains on campers. That's where I got one for a different illusion some time ago.
mvmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Has written
1322 Posts

Profile of mvmagic
Mikey's got a good point there, places like that should have a variety of different kinds of track available.

When mine was in the making, I encountered one problem. I wanted the track to fit the illusion and not vice versa, there just wasn't a round curtain track available in the right size.

Allthough if you really want to try the aluminum channel track, you propably could bend it the other way. Instead of attaching it horizontally to the roof of the illusion, attach it vertically-either have it attached to the edge of the roof, or have a separate vertical piece for it. This way you're not bending it against the shape of the channel, the direction which has most structural rigidity. At least some channel tracks bend with relative ease in the long way.
Sent from my Typewriter
The Mirror Images
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan/USA
1980 Posts

Profile of The Mirror Images
Or you could just contact a builder that makes that item and ask them what they do for that situation. The worst thing they can say is "No we will not share that information"

Give it a shot.

Michael
Steven and Michael, The Mirror Images
The MOST Identical Twin Illusionist
http://www.themirrorimages.com
Check out our latest new effect
- Liquid Steel NEW
- MotoBox NEW
- MotoMation NEW
- Voyager
PaxMentis
View Profile
Loyal user
Long Beach, CA
239 Posts

Profile of PaxMentis
Hi Daktari,

We contacted a drapery company here in the Los Angeles area who installs commercial drapes and they had the ability and tools to create the proper bends. If you know the exact diminsions, I'd be happy to intercede on your behalf. PM me if you're interested, or I can send you their address and you can contact them personally.

Pax Mentis
Do not go where the path may lead, but go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.