The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Magic Café Tech Help Area :: Using the "Go" button :: TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
jecar
View Profile
Veteran user
358 Posts

Profile of jecar
Hi, I am having trouble with getting the "go" button to work. It works about half the time and is a real time saver when it works. However, as I said, I can only get it to work about half the time.

Could the problem with this great feature be coming from my end?

Thanks,

Jerry Cargile
Mary B.
View Profile
Café Tech Advisor
Howard City, Michigan
626 Posts

Profile of Mary B.
What does it do (or not do) the other half of the time? I'm not being a smarty, the answer will give me a clue as to what might be the cause.
jecar
View Profile
Veteran user
358 Posts

Profile of jecar
Hi Mary,

Like I said, about half the time it will work fine, but the other half it will end up with a black page. When that happens, I notice that the status bar at the bottom of the page is going haywire like it's searching for something.

I don't use Internet Explorer, I'm using Netscape 4.79... I suppose that could be causing the problem.

If no one else is having the same problem, it must be on my end.

Jerry
Mary B.
View Profile
Café Tech Advisor
Howard City, Michigan
626 Posts

Profile of Mary B.
It does the same for me, using NS 4.72. I used the browser's back and forward buttons a few times, and eventually the page appeared. It's probably some small coding error. The older Netscape browsers are notoriously picky about HTML code. Netscape 6.0 shows the page correctly on the first try.
I usually use IE, I'm glad you mentioned that you are using NS4.79. It makes it much easier to troubleshoot when I know what browser you're using!
I'll see if I can find the error and fix it.

Mary
jecar
View Profile
Veteran user
358 Posts

Profile of jecar
Okay, thanks Mary.

-jc-