The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Everything old is new again :: Name or history of a routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Dan Monroe
View Profile
Loyal user
Indiana
209 Posts

Profile of Dan Monroe
I have been doing a routine for many years that I call card up the sleeve. The premise of the routine is I have 2 queens and an ace that I put between the queens. I fan the cards and the ace is gone. I say the card has traveled up the sleeve of my jacket to my shirt pocket where I pull it out and repeat the trick again. Then there is some patter about someone coming to one of my shows and saying I bet you can't do it with my cards as I pull out jumbo cards and repeat the trick again.
Now heres my problem I can't remember where I learned this from or if I combined several routines or if this is my own knock-off of a simular trick or routine.
Does this sound like any routines you guys and gals know of? I have been doing this for around 7 years and I have scoured the books I own thinking I got it from one of them but to no avail. I had another magician ask me where I got this from and I just drew a blank.
I hope someone has some info for me.

Thanks,
Dan
The power is within us all...I'm just a little more full of it.
danmonroe.bravehost.com
John Pezzullo
View Profile
Veteran user
Sydney AUSTRALIA
354 Posts

Profile of John Pezzullo
Dan,

Tom Ladsaw marketed an effect several years ago that matches the effect you have described. From what I can recall, his marketed effect was called PASTEBOARD PASSAGE or something similar.

Ladshaw's effect was based on Ken de Courcy's SLEEVE SUBWAY, which was marketed by Supreme quite a number of years ago.
"One arrow. One life."
Micha-el
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of Micha-el
This is an old post, but I just came across it. So for the original poster and anyone else who might be interested:

The Ken de Courcy effect, Sleeve Subway, was based on RM Jamison's effect, "Up My Sleeve" , published in "My Best" by JG Thompson.