The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: 3 CArd monte dvd (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
the74rock
View Profile
Loyal user
261 Posts

Profile of the74rock
I'm looking for a 3 card monte dvd but don't know which one is good.
can anyone recommend one?
thanks
Clarioneer
View Profile
Special user
Ferndown, Dorset, UK
624 Posts

Profile of Clarioneer
Daryls DVD Full Monte or School for Scoundrels DVD on Three Card Monte - Whit (school for scoundrels) frequents this board and is the recognised expert for this type of effect.

I have Daryls as it's been out for a while but if you intend to get serious with 3 card monte get Whit's it includes a full treatise on the effect along with moves/routines...

http://www.chefanton.com/scoundrelsstore......onte.htm
catch you later

Clarioneer
the74rock
View Profile
Loyal user
261 Posts

Profile of the74rock
Whats the difference btw the 2 dvds??
the74rock
View Profile
Loyal user
261 Posts

Profile of the74rock
Anyone?
Clarioneer
View Profile
Special user
Ferndown, Dorset, UK
624 Posts

Profile of Clarioneer
I guess a good analogy would be a car. Daryl will teach you the basics of how to drive the car - Whits will not only make you an advanced driver but explains what's under the bonnet, from whence it came and how it has developed/evolved over the years... Smile

btw - stands for "by the way" not between Smile
catch you later

Clarioneer
Hart Keene
View Profile
Inner circle
Eugene, OR
1486 Posts

Profile of Hart Keene
If you are looking for the real deal get "Catch 33" at http://www.leeasher.com. The instruction is very clear and it has a ton of great photos.
-Hart

Check out my website:
Magician Portland Oregon
the74rock
View Profile
Loyal user
261 Posts

Profile of the74rock
Thanks clarioneer for the info my friend helped me out and I bought the darwin ortiz 3 card monte.
Whit Haydn
View Profile
V.I.P.
5449 Posts

Profile of Whit Haydn
Do you mean the Daryl DVD? I didn't know Darwin Ortiz had a monte dvd...
green
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of green
Darwin has one monte routine on his DVD "at the card table" called Darwin three card monte.
IMO, it is the best choice to pick up either Mr Haydn's or Daryl's DVD on three card monte.
Clarioneer
View Profile
Special user
Ferndown, Dorset, UK
624 Posts

Profile of Clarioneer
Don't know Darwins - but I hope it includes "sucker" moves or your routine will be sadly lacking Smile If you only needed to learn the "Toss" this could have been picked up for free - the DVD's suggested above are much more...
catch you later

Clarioneer
the74rock
View Profile
Loyal user
261 Posts

Profile of the74rock
It is a very good routine.
Riley
View Profile
Special user
Swansea UK
955 Posts

Profile of Riley
Daryl's tape/DVD is very good, and also covers gaffed card versions.

The School for Scoundrels DVD set arrived through my letterbox a few days ago. A two DVD set. I expected it to be nothing less than excellent and I was right. SUPERB MATERIAL and an e-book full of stuff too. Don't hesitate, you'll love it!!

Riley