The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: We double dare you! :: More ideas (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Hushai
View Profile
Elite user
St. Louis, Missouri, USA
460 Posts

Profile of Hushai
I came up with a couple of new presentations for old tricks that I sent in to the About.com Magic & Illusion site. They are archived there under the titles "Survivor" (a presentation for the PATEO force based on the TV show "Survivor") and "Subliminal Influence" (I don’t know the name of the principle of that trick, but it’s another old one.) The URL for that site (a favorite of mine) is http://magic.about.com

-- Hushai
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
For another routine based on the Survivor TV show, check my Showtime column in the Linking Ring magazine of April, 2001.

It is a page of a dozen different pictures; the spectator follows the instructions, starting anywhere, to eventually land on one picture -- the force pic.

(And just guess whose smiling face THAT is!)

cheers,

Peter Marucci

showtimecol@aol.com
Magicman0323
View Profile
Special user
Just outside parts unknown.
713 Posts

Profile of Magicman0323
David Blaine's ? Smile

Just Kidding Smile
You'll wonder when I'm coming, you'll wonder even more when I'm gone. - Max Malini
Jack
View Profile
Veteran user
371 Posts

Profile of Jack
Ouch! That's harsh!! Smile
bigjoeblue
View Profile
New user
akron ohio
82 Posts

Profile of bigjoeblue
Can't find the survivor post there. Any sugestions?
Hushai
View Profile
Elite user
St. Louis, Missouri, USA
460 Posts

Profile of Hushai
Quote:

On 2001-12-22 17:46, bigjoeblue wrote:

Can't find the survivor post there. Any sugestions?

On the About.com "Magic & Illusion" site, on the home page, toward the bottom of the page there's a section headed "Essentials," and under that there's a subsection headed "More Easy Magic Tricks For You!" (or something like that). Click on that, and my "Survivor" trick is indexed there somewhere among all the archived tricks, maybe under Mentalism. See my post above for the URL for About.com.

-- Hushai
bigjoeblue
View Profile
New user
akron ohio
82 Posts

Profile of bigjoeblue
Thanks a lot. I’ve been through that site a hundred times and never noticed that section. Must have been some kind of misdirection?

(ha ha ha) happy holidays
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
"Survivor" and "Subliminal Influence" - Two great tricks. Thanks Alan.

:xmas:USTAAD
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
dukenotes
View Profile
New user
Winchester, KY
70 Posts

Profile of dukenotes
Yes, thanks for the link. Some of these effects can be performed "At a Moment's Notice", in reference to another one of the forums here. Smile

Thanks again,

Duke