The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Stage Illusions :: Briefcase Sawing in Half Chalet Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
mysticalmike
View Profile
Special user
Saratoga Springs, NY
509 Posts

Profile of mysticalmike
Can anyone tell me what you think about this? I am thinking about getting it and not sure if I should get it or there something better out there.
thanks
mike
robertwong
View Profile
Loyal user
Calgary, Canada
212 Posts

Profile of robertwong
Mike:

I once own a Briefcase Sawing in half unit and sold it. I could not put a routine together that made sense to me. I feel that a bow sawing or head chopper illusion would be a better effect. The bow saw ends up around the volunteer and with a head chopper you can cut a vegetable or two during the chop. With the jig saw you cannot really prove it does cut anything.

I'm sure this effect is awesome with the right presentation, at the time I felt that I could do something else in regards to adding a portable illusion to my show. As far as the Chalet Magic version I have not seen it up close, but does look good!

Robert.
afun14u
View Profile
Loyal user
Tennessee
249 Posts

Profile of afun14u
Mike,

George at Chalet, does a wonderful job on this small illusion. Not only does it LOOK great but it will play big and pack's pretty small. I would suggest that when you do the illusion for people; A) you angle the prop just a bit so when the blade comes out the audience can actually see it coming out. B) Be mindful of where you place the hands of the Victom. (I have seen another magician actually cut a helper with this because they didn't think about where the person's arms were) C)If you are doing the trick where small children are present "BE CARFUL" not to get one of their parents...The child WILL cry! Just some thoughts, good luck.

Robert Jones
MRJPRO.
Empowering Kingdom Growth through Evangelistic Entertainment!
mysticalmike
View Profile
Special user
Saratoga Springs, NY
509 Posts

Profile of mysticalmike
Ok great thanks. Years ago I saw a friend do the one thru the neck which was real nice. I don;t have a lot of money to spend but I do go some. How about abbotts Chinese Chopper.
mike
benscholz99
View Profile
Loyal user
282 Posts

Profile of benscholz99
How dangerous is this effect?

ben
Michael Dustman
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
1229 Posts

Profile of Michael Dustman
Terry Seabrooke has an excellent routine for this. He talks about the problems of cutting wallpaper and lays a piece of wallpaper down on the table and asks a lady to lay down on it to keep it flat. He never discloses what he plans on doing until he pulls the saw out. He also rigs the paper so that when she gets up, it is cut.

Funny stuff.