The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: L&L Gregory Wilson and Docc Hilford DVD's (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
L&L is releasing DVD sets of these 2 magi. Docc's will feature a lot of his bizarre magic/mindreading, etc. Greg's will be Blaine style street magic. Not sure what the exact release dates are.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Thanks for the update! I have been looking forward to the Wilson DVDs with much anticipation! They should be KILLER!!!

If you hear a release date, please let us know! In the meantime, I'll keep checking L&L's site.

These DVDs should be the HOT release of the year! I have been literally chomping at the bits for a new release from Greg! YES!!!!
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
For some reason they like to keep it a secret when they'll be released. Does it matter? No. Just micro management in the magic world.

daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Well, I feel that if they let you know the release date, instead of keeping it a secret, it gives you a target date to shoot for as far as saving your pennies so that you will have the money the day it is ready. If you know something great is coming and if you know the date, it's easier to discipline yourself to avoid buying other things that would eat up your savings. It gives you something to look forward to.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Agreed. I like to be able to save for specific itmes.

daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Well, if Greg's reputaion and track record is any indication of his future releases, (And I believe it is) then this one is DEFINITELY worth saving for!
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I think this will be "on The Spot" on steroids. Blaine style street magic. It will be a winner, I knwo it!!!!

daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
On the spot on steroids!? Gads! Now I really am pumped! Wild horses could not hold me back!
redstreak
View Profile
Inner circle
A.K.A David Kong
1368 Posts

Profile of redstreak
Greg is one of my favorite performers, I can't wait!!!
scott b.
View Profile
Special user
732 Posts

Profile of scott b.
WHERE'S THE HYPE FOR DOCC GUYS!

When these come out I will most likely have to cough up the dough for them.

Anybody know how big the dvds be? 2 DVD Set, 3 DVD Set, 4 DVD Set? (OH GOD PLEASE 4 DVD SET!)
Thanks! Scott B.

"I don't know the key to success . . . but the key to failure is trying to please everybody." - Bill Cosby
Mental_Mike
View Profile
Special user
Canada
726 Posts

Profile of Mental_Mike
Anymore info on the Docc dvds?

Mike
timofy
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of timofy
Can't wait to see Wilson perform for Jon, He'll be laughing every minute of the show.
Kaylan
View Profile
Special user
CT
758 Posts

Profile of Kaylan
The Docc DVDs will contain lots of effects with playing cards, that's all I can really say. *** good ones, too!
scott b.
View Profile
Special user
732 Posts

Profile of scott b.
Quote:
On 2005-02-28 01:00, Kaylan wrote:
The Docc DVDs will contain lots of effects with playing cards, that's all I can really say. *** good ones, too!

OOOOOOH PLEASE SAY MORE! PLEASE SAY MORE!
Thanks! Scott B.

"I don't know the key to success . . . but the key to failure is trying to please everybody." - Bill Cosby
Kaylan
View Profile
Special user
CT
758 Posts

Profile of Kaylan
Sorry, Scott - I really shouldn't because I don't want Docc or Louis to be upset with me. I was at the taping, and I just remember that Docc was excellent and he performed some incredible mentalism/mental magic with cards mostly. I don't think you will be disappointed when they're released Smile.
Kaylan
Jeremy L.
View Profile
Special user
800 Posts

Profile of Jeremy L.
I bought the Greg Wilson set (In Action). He uses a lot of the same slieghts in diffrent tricks.
Jeremy L.
Do you buy ethically?
Magic Fakes
Mental_Mike
View Profile
Special user
Canada
726 Posts

Profile of Mental_Mike
What about Doccs? Hopefully they'll be released with Richard Osterlinds new set.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7028 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Although some are not happy with Greg Wilson's set, I find myself going back to it constantly to learn new stuff. Some effects which I thought I wouldn't ever use have become my favorites. The Tell is one such trick. It seems real simple to us magi but laypeople love it.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
scott b.
View Profile
Special user
732 Posts

Profile of scott b.
Quote:
On 2005-08-17 08:37, Mental_Mike wrote:
What about Doccs? Hopefully they'll be released with Richard Osterlinds new set.

I dis-agree. I would like to see a time span between the 2 sets (Docc's then Richard's. But that's just me).
Thanks! Scott B.