The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Magical equations :: New Book to be Released (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4770 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
Currently taking pre-orders for Magica Analytica II.

Will be shipping in third week of September 2015

150 numbered copies, 116 pages, 175+ color photos and illustrations on #80 weight glossy paper,coil bound for easy study.

All original, mostly mathematically based magic.

http://www.barnowskymagic.com/MagicaAnalyticaTWO.html

Larry Smile

Smile
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
4770 Posts

Will be shipping Magica Analytica II next week.
Check out my website for the pirate video!!!
Smile
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
4770 Posts

All pre-orders will ship 9/21.
150 copies and that's it. Smile
blackstone99
View Profile
Regular user
169 Posts

Profile of blackstone99
Received the book a few days ago. Fantastic material. Love Too Tired To Deal, Coins of Heptagonia, Clock of Alexander (I bought the prop too), Guessing Game, Triangulation, Magican vs Mathematician, and Topsy Turvy Cards which is a non math effect that everyone will use. Great explanations, step by step instructions, and clear annotated color photos. Highly recommended.

Paul
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
4770 Posts

Thanks Paul for those comments.

Performed last week for a group of scientists from a major government research center.
In addition to regular magic like cups and balls, I did Clock of Alexander and Coins of Heptagonia.
Great reaction from the crowd, and after the show I was peppered with questions about the coin effect. They had no idea how it was accomplished.
Always nice to use math concepts from the Middle Ages to fool some of the smartest in the Modern Age. Smile

Larry Smile
wunceaponatime
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of wunceaponatime
The book is treasure trove of ingenious effects generated by some cool hidden mathematical principles. Clock of Alexander is a winner. Of the non math effects, Topsy Turvy Cards is a stunner. Almost all the effects in the book are fairly easy to do.

David
Relick666
View Profile
Special user
604 Posts

Profile of Relick666
What % of the book is related to cards?

Thanks for claryfying!

Best,

Andreu
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
4770 Posts

Andreu,

Of the 21 chapters, 5 do not use cards. There are effects with coins, dice, silks, paper and even a ball bearing. There are many other chapters where the effects that use a card as a prediction, one could substitute a number etc.
There are three effects using gameboards that you can easily make yourself (or purchase separately from me) that involve predictions where a card value is the prediction but that could be changed. The math principles used can be applied to effects that you may want to create yourself. Hope that helps.
PM me for any additional questions.

Larry