The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Magical equations :: Looking for a formula (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2228 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
For those that know the trick where you have a menu and each person gets to select an item..one picks the appetizer, one chooses the main meal and one chooses the desert..and your prediction matches the total of the whole meal..im looking for the formula to put the prices for each so no matter what they pick in each section the total will be correct..
I did have this from someone on the Café a few years ago but I had a hard drive crash and lost everything...so Im trying to find this formula again
Is there a name for this or is it in print anywhere..any help would be much apppreciated
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

You can e-mail me at: shomemagic@gmail.com
TomasB
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden
1144 Posts

Profile of TomasB
Mike,

Here's one way to do it: http://www.deceptionary.com/aboutmatrices.html

/Tomas
shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2228 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
Thanks anyone else have any info
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3883 Posts

Profile of Julie
Check Larry Becker's/Lee Earle's Szechuan Sampler. It may be just what you're looking for...

Julie
shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2228 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
I forgot I posted in here...I have Szechaun Sampler and the formula to create other tricks with it is what I'm looking for.

Mike
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2678 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
Mike, Tomas has already given you the best resource you'll find on creating other tricks with the Chinese menu principle. Just remember, 1 column represents 1 menu and 1 row represents 1 type of dish.
shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2228 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
Somehow I missed that post by Tomas..Thank you Scott for pointing it out...I think that's what I was looking for...Thanks to all for your post!
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic