The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Magical equations :: Math equation for mentalist calculator (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
2thepoint
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of 2thepoint
Does anyone have the math formula for a "mentalist calculator" type effect. It's the formula usually used with a scientific type calculator wherein you input the equation that allows the spectator to input multiple numbers but the result is always an output that you desire ? The formula reduces the inputs to zero, then adds your target number.

Thanks in advance for any workable formula.
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2678 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
Rather than repeating the simple formula here, I'll just refer you to the episode of Scam School in which it was featured:

Scam School site: http://revision3.com/scamschool/iphonecalculator
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7WZ2AAXyFY
2thepoint
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of 2thepoint
Scott,
Thanks a million --- perfect, just what I was searching for!
glowball
View Profile
Special user
Nashville TN
881 Posts

Profile of glowball
Another down and dirty way would be to use a spreadsheet on your cell phone.

They enter a 4 digit number in cell B1 then another in cell B2 then another in cell B3 then another in cell B4.

Cell A6 has the words: TOTAL=
Cell B6 has the simple formula: =IF(B4>0,12345," ")

In this example 12345 is your forced total (of course use your own hard coded total).
What the formula in cell B6 is telling the spreadsheet to do is "Before there is any entry in B4 display a blank in cell B6, after something has been entered in B4 then display 12345 in cell B6"

If you have an android based phone then I have found that thinkfreecalc is an excellent free spreadsheet program to download and use. I'm sure that the iphone has several spreadsheet programs available.

Anyone out there with an iphone, what spreadsheet is a good one for the iphone?