The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Magical equations :: Mathematics of the Weave Shuffle (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
CardFan
View Profile
Elite user
Found the Socks !
430 Posts

Profile of CardFan
I highly recommend the reading of this article in the June 57 (and following) number of the Pentagram. Alex Elmsley on the faro shuffle is something you don't want to miss.
Aiming to become the only magician in the world that has ever produced the lost socks back from the dryer...
Paul Sherman
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, VA
1511 Posts

Profile of Paul Sherman
Anyone else who wants to check out some interesting mathematics related to the Faro shuffle might want to check out Epilogue by Karl Fulves. I just got it recently, but it's full of interesting card math.

Paul
"The finished card expert considers nothing too trivial that in any way contributes to his success..." Erdnase

some youtube videos
Nir Dahan
View Profile
Inner circle
Munich, Germany
1390 Posts

Profile of Nir Dahan
Another quite heavy book on shuffling is
Permutations By Cutting and Shuffling - A Generalization to Q Dimensions by S. Brent Morris, Mickey Hades publications.

If you are really a math guy, get this book and have fun going over the endless formulas. Smile

I have to admit I was not able to finish the book, not from lack of understanding. I just realized I had better ways to spend my time.
nir
Hideo Kato
View Profile
Inner circle
Tokyo
5649 Posts

Profile of Hideo Kato
Brent Morris has authored one more math-oriented Faro Shuffle book titled Magic Tricks, Card Shuffling and Dynamic Computer Memories (1998, The Mathematical Association of America). It is 148-page book, enough quantity for the Faro Shuffle.

Hideo Kato