The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: From Soup to Nuts :: Penguin Magic Comes Through for Me (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
curtgunz
View Profile
Special user
Only 99% of users have more than
784 Posts

Profile of curtgunz
Just want to let you know about a GREAT experience.

I ordered several props from Penguin Magic for a show that I had booked. I opted for priority mail through the USPS. That would get the props to me in plenty of time.

Penguin shipped my order right away and everything was set. But then...I know this will be hard to imagine...but the Post Office lost my package. I know, with the sterling history of the US Mail it is hard to imagine. Smile

I am in East Texas (Tyler, Texas) and my package was going up and down the Eastern Seaboard. It was strange.

Finally it became apparent that my package would not arrive. I called Penguin the day before my gig to see what we could do.

Here's what they did...keep in mind this was the US Mail's mistake. Penguin did everything they were supposed to do. But they went above and beyond the call of duty.

They sent me the props I ordered FedEx Overnight AT THEIR EXPENSE! They told me to refuse original package from the US Mail.

I got my stuff a few hours before my show and the day was saved by super-duper customer service.

I have two things to say.

1) WOW!

2) I will be ordering from Penguin Magic from now on!
Click for Free Resources for Performers

YouTube channel specifically for family & kids show magicians. Click -- You need to subscribe.
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1624 Posts

Profile of bugjack
I had the same thing happen once. The great thing about Penguin is they notify you right when it ships and they are good with giving you the tracking information. My package too was lost -- totally a USPS problem. It showed it between two stations and the status didn't change for days. I called Penguin and asked if they had had this happen before, and they offered to ship me a new one immediately. I actually declined. I'm not a working pro, and I didn't want them to lose money on the transaction. After a few days the package suddenly reappeared on USPS tracking and was delivered to my house.

All of that said, I'd hope that would be semi-standard practice at other places too. Happened to me once here as a seller on the Café. I shipped something, thankfully used tracking, and the buyer reported it didn't arrive. Tracking showed it "on the truck" -- for a week. Finally I asked the buyer if he could wait two more days and if it didn't come I'd refund his money. And then it came the next day.
Herr Brian Tabor
View Profile
Special user
Oklahoma City
729 Posts

Profile of Herr Brian Tabor
I have had nothing but great dealings with them as well. The one time I was unhappy with my order, I had no problems at all returning it and receiving a refund.