The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: From Soup to Nuts :: Am I MAD??? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
fotballski
View Profile
Regular user
Norway
183 Posts

Profile of fotballski
This is what I'm planning on buying from http://madhattermagicshop.com:

FLASH PAPER FLASH PAPER 1 (four sheets)
$7.95

13 Steps to Mentalism 13 Steps to Mentalism 1
$21.95

THE RAVEN THE RAVEN 1
$19.95

Modern Coin Magic by J.B. Bobo Modern Coin Magic by J.B. Bobo 1
$9.95

BKM Wallet BKM Wallet 1
$58.95

Card College Series Set - Roberto Giobbi - Volumes 1 - 5
$149.95

Tally Ho Fan Back Cards BLUE 5
$13.25

Tally Ho Fan Back Cards BLACK 5
$19.45

Tally Ho Circle Back Cards BLUE 5
$13.25

Tally Ho Circle Back Cards RED 5
- COLOR Red
$13.25

Tally Ho Circle Back Cards BLACK 5

$19.45

One Way Forcing Deck-Red 5
$16.00

Double Back Bicycle Cards (Red, Blue or Red/Blue) 1
$4.95

Double Face Bicycle Deck 5
$29.75

PURSE FRAME 1
$1.00

Coin Purse -Leather 1
$6.95

Super Sharpie 1
$29.95

Monkey in the Middle 1
$7.95

Rainbow Deck 1
$5.95

Books of Wonder 2-VOL COMBO set by Tommy Wonder 1 (the two books)
$74.95

FREE with $300.00 Order Hippity Hop Rabbits
$0.00
Sub-Total: $524.80

1) Is this too much on one order? (not just the quantity, but also the weight)

2) I live in Norway, wich has INTERNATIONAL shipping costs from Madhatter.
WHat do you reccon the shippig will be?

3) Judging from the material I'm buying, should I buy anything else, or in should I take something away?

4) Should I buy these items from another shop?

SOMEONE STOP ME NOW!!!!!

SUBTOTAL: $524.80 + INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING = ?????

Regards, Daniel
"Someone creates a trick, many people perfect it, but its final success in front of an audience depends on the person who presents it"

René Lavand
Sid Helkule
View Profile
Inner circle
Australia
1481 Posts

Profile of Sid Helkule
Hmmmm... Why all the tally-ho decks mixed with bicycles? Why not just use bicycle decks? Also, forget the raven. You already have modern coin magic by bobo. Grab David Stone's basic coin magic v1 DVD instead. Gimmicks are a waste IMHO, spend your time perfecting your sleights.

Grab a Jardonnet Wallet (a.k.a. Kaps On Fire) instead of the BKM. You bought flash paper, you obviously like fire. This is a great card to wallet and an attention getter.

It all depends on where you are in magic... Are you a beginner? Let us know.

Luke
fotballski
View Profile
Regular user
Norway
183 Posts

Profile of fotballski
Quote:
On 2009-01-08 11:24, shield wrote:
Hmmmm... Why all the tally-ho decks mixed with bicycles? Why not just use bicycle decks? Also, forget the raven. You already have modern coin magic by bobo. Grab David Stone's basic coin magic v1 DVD instead. Gimmicks are a waste IMHO, spend your time perfecting your sleights.

Grab a Jardonnet Wallet (a.k.a. Kaps On Fire) instead of the BKM. You bought flash paper, you obviously like fire. This is a great card to wallet and an attention getter.

It all depends on where you are in magic... Are you a beginner? Let us know.

Luke

When it comes to cards, I'm not a beginner.

Coin magic, however, is another story. After researching a lot I found out that Bobo's book was the best one.

The bicycles are for perfrmances, as nearly all gimicks are made for bicycle. Tally Ho are for practiceing. I abselutely love those cards, and IMO they have better quality, finish and last longer than bikes.

Why do you think gimmicks are a waste? IMO, they can make some of the strongest moments in magic that is not possible with pure sleight of hand. You can use sleights combined with gimmicks with all kinds of magic, and coin magic is no exception.
It would be intersting to see you elaborate on that subject.

What are the features of the Jardonnet Wallet?
I'm looking for a Card in wallet tha an be used as an every day wallet (must take coins). Can the Jardonnet Wallet be used as that?
I have always wanted to do "The dream card" by Darwin Ortiz. Can this be done with the Jardonnet Wallet?
I have nenver done magic with fire before, but as you say, It shure is an attention getter that is perfect as an opener for example in table hopping (the flaming part, I mean).

More opinions on the raven, shipping costs etc?

Daniel
"Someone creates a trick, many people perfect it, but its final success in front of an audience depends on the person who presents it"

René Lavand
jonnyboy
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego
1021 Posts

Profile of jonnyboy
I don't know why you want 5 decks of double face cards, you probably have a great reason. For the same money, you can get Packet Killer DVD that includes a deck of gaff cards, including double face cards. This will allow you to perform dozens of classic effects. That would be one change I would make. I'm sure, though, that you can receive as many valuable opinions regarding other items as there are members of the Café.
John
Sid Helkule
View Profile
Inner circle
Australia
1481 Posts

Profile of Sid Helkule
Sorry I should have clarified that I do not think all gimmicks are a waste, only really the raven. If it suits your performance style then go for it! I just meant that you can learn incredible sleights from Bobo and Stone that you can perform anywhere, anytime - and get better reaction than having to setup and use the raven.

Just my 2 cents. Smile

And the Jardonnet doesn't hold coins.

Luke
fotballski
View Profile
Regular user
Norway
183 Posts

Profile of fotballski
Quote:
On 2009-01-08 21:02, jonnyboy wrote:
I don't know why you want 5 decks of double face cards, you probably have a great reason. For the same money, you can get Packet Killer DVD that includes a deck of gaff cards, including double face cards. This will allow you to perform dozens of classic effects. That would be one change I would make. I'm sure, though, that you can receive as many valuable opinions regarding other items as there are members of the Café.
John

I bought the double face cards for effects like Anniversary Waltz,not having to think about buying refills all the time. How many double facers do you get with Packet Killer?

René Lavand
jonnyboy
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego
1021 Posts

Profile of jonnyboy
Pmd you
John