The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: From Soup to Nuts :: VHS/DVD "Trade-Up" Specials? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Maybe this is a silly question, but do you know of any publishers or dealers who offer reduced prices when upgrading from VHS titles to the same titles in DVD? I seem to remember some of this early on, but I'm old and my memory isn't what it once was.

I would like to get most of my VHS videos on DVD, but I would rather not do it myself if there is a reduced-cost commercial alternative available.
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
Bosco J.
View Profile
Elite user
New York
462 Posts

Profile of Bosco J.
Michael Ammar had a trade in program for his previously released VHFs. He was offering a discount for those DVDs. You can try contacting him.

Bosco
Merenkov
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of Merenkov
They don't publicly advertise it (at least not lately), but several of the major magic video producers will work with you on this, particularly if you bought the DVD directly from them. I did this recently with one of the bigger outfits, for a negotiated price of $20 per DVD (for DVD's that retail for $35 apiece).
AaronishMagic
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of AaronishMagic
There's trade up special in some stores. For 5 bucks you can buy a TAPE. Guess they just wanna get rid of it.
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
Vhs tapes are still great but aren't worth anything if you want to sell them.