The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: From Soup to Nuts :: Paul Osborne-Ordering From His Site (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
joshlondon17
View Profile
Special user
San Diego, CA
685 Posts

Profile of joshlondon17
Has anyone had a problem with ordering from Paul Osborne's site? I ordered The Big Black Book on Saturday, didn't hear anything, just got an email receipt, and emailed him on Sunday and heard nothing.

Josh London
MagicErik
View Profile
Loyal user
Sneek, Netherlands
284 Posts

Profile of MagicErik
I have ordered a couple of times. They are not fast with shipping and my own experience is that mails do not get answered. But in the end I always got what I wanted. I live in Europe, Netherlands, most of the time it takes 3 to 4 weeks to get my ordered stuff...
EVI
AmazingEARL
View Profile
Veteran user
Tennessee, USA
350 Posts

Profile of AmazingEARL
When ordering directly from Osborne, you almost have to consider the time of year. I've placed orders during the Winter months and gotten stuff within days. Ordering in the Spring or early Summer, it took weeks.

Since Paul's main business is not selling books/plans, but producing live magic shows for amusement parks, he's a really busy guy right now...probably in the midst of final dress and technical rehearsals for a half dozen shows.

But as Eric said, you'll get what you ordered eventually.

Dan Wolfe, aka. "EARL"
Smoky Mountain Magic
http://www.SmokyMtMagic.com
"We build AMAZING things"
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
I ordered plans last week and they were shipped today. Give it a day or two.
Also method of payment delays shipping.

Pay pay may take 5 days too clear an electronic Check. Longer if a regular check is mailed.

In today society, money must be in the hand before shipping.

Weekends rarely count in processing.
Dennis Michael
joshlondon17
View Profile
Special user
San Diego, CA
685 Posts

Profile of joshlondon17
I just got an email back from him and he said that they're printing a new batch of books so it should go out today or tomorrow.

I sure wish that there was still a magic shop here in San Diego. I do not like dealing with these internet guys. I always feel that I have to "be on them" to get my order in a timely fashion.

I recently bought 2 things from mad hatter, which they sais was in stock, paid $8 for Priority Shipping (which only takes 2-3 days anywhere in the US) and received the order 8 days later.

Done venting.
Josh
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4861 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Josh, for what it's worth, just because something is in stock, doesn't mean they are sitting in front of their computers waiting for your order or that they are going to drop everything to get it filled.

If it took 8 days to get to you, then there was a weekend in there. Priority mail doesn't include Sundays so depending on what day of the week you ordered, 8 days isn't out of the question.

Also, you said you ordered something on Saturday from Paul and didn't get a receipt until Monday. Most likely, he wasn't working on Sunday.
Where the magic begins
leapinglizards
View Profile
Inner circle
1263 Posts

Profile of leapinglizards
And Priority is "Guarenteed 3-5 in MOST of the usa."
Leaping Lizards!!! Who knew it was possible.
<BR>
<BR>www.LeapingLizardsMagic.com