The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Flavors from the past... :: Magic shops (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Hopper
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of Hopper
Hi guys,

I keep hearing about magic stores being great places to hang out. Places for magicians to while away the hours, meet other magicians and show each other stuff. It sounds amazing.

My local store would be considered famous I guess. However, I have never found it to be the sort of place I could just hang out. It's a very long thin shop and so gets crammed with people in to buy wigs and dog poo. Therefore, if I do try to stay I totally feel like I'm in the way. I've never made any magic friends there. I think the only reason people go is to speak to the owner, not each other,

Has anyone else had this experience?

H
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5169 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Sadly Hopper, magic stores used to be exclusive and elusive shops that interested parties had to look hard for to find. Now, as a matter of survival, they are putting themselves more in the public eye, and stocking better selling items, like novelty wigs and dog poo, among much more disgusting offerings.

Your shop may have a weekly period where magicians have the time to gather and burn the hours in an afternoon. Ask the owner, and hopefully you'll get an answer. He or she may even have a club you can join for regular meetings...a lot of stores are going in this direction just to generate additional interest and income.

Hope this helps.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.