The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Flavors from the past... :: Favorite Dealers (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Burf
View Profile
Regular user
Adelaide, South Australia
140 Posts

Profile of Burf
Quote:
On 2012-06-18 20:28, Burf wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-06-15 11:18, Bill Groome wrote:
We had to install new FedEx modules last week, and new payment modules this week. We still have some bugs in the modules to work out. We are running audits and making adjustments. If you see something wierd as above (thanks Burf) please email our store direct and bring it to our attention. It's temporary and will be fixed ASAP.

Thanks Bill.
Thought you must have been delivering in person Smile
Will check out the revised pricing.

I can happily say the service and care given by Mad Hatter Magic Shop is excellent and prompt.
Prompt answers and help with my queries, even given the time difference.
Many thanks to Bill and Ange.
magikmax
View Profile
Regular user
Scotland
113 Posts

Profile of magikmax
I can't honestly say that I've had a bad experience with any magic dealers in the UK (other than being sworn at by Jerry Sadowitz in International Magic in London, lol), however, I have received exceptional service from Mark Leveridge Magic, Practical Magic, Dude That's Cool Magic, and Alakazam Magic, and would recommend all of these dealers to anyone.
Brandon Sheffield
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of Brandon Sheffield
Penguin is by far my favorite dealer. I've spent more money with them than I'll ever like to admit Smile

They price match, have great prices, and great customer service.

I just placed an order today for well over 300.00 and they were great. I was kind of bummed out that they wouldn't price match anything that was sold through Madhatter magic. I was told they were not able to price match anything byadhatter because they sold knock off items. I didn't realize that was happening Smile

Again they are the best, and will continue to get my money!

Brandon
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1042 Posts

Profile of Sashac
PENGUIN!
ostadler
View Profile
New user
Munich, Germany
62 Posts

Profile of ostadler
For Germany I would rate this:

1a. Magicshop.ch (actually Switzerland)
1b. Stolina (both shops are second to none concerning speedy delivery and very fast reaction time if it comes to questions)
2. Tesmar Zauberartikel

For international orders (from Germany):

1. Penguin (no questions asked)
EddieM
View Profile
Regular user
Experienced but only
172 Posts

Profile of EddieM
For me, it's MJM Magic, hands down. For over ten years they've been helping me out, and any issues I've had were quickly taken care of. The free shipping and price matching are just icing on the cake, but it's the customer service which keeps me coming back.
- EddieM
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2071 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Penguin is my go-to.... I usually look around for the cheapest option w/shipping and its almost always Penguin. With that said, I also tend to buy a lot from MJM Magic.

I have also had great experiences and super fast shipping from Bob Solari Magic and Steven's Magic Emporium- (I think the fast shipping is because I'm not located too far from them).
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - -
www.davidjonathanmagic.com
Jack Straw
View Profile
Inner circle
Wichita
1020 Posts

Profile of Jack Straw
Distance really doesn't matter much when it comes to the US Postal Service, TuneHV.

I almost always have my purchases in my hands within 48 hours of ordering from Penguin, even though I'm 3,000 miles away. First Class or Priority, it makes no difference. It's the same service; it's really just a weight difference rather than a speed difference.

What matters is how quickly the seller gets it into the PO's hands.

Penguin is Top Notch in all respects!
Jack Straw from Wichita, cut his buddy down
And dug for him a shallow grave, and laid his body down
Half a mile from Tucson, by the morning light
One man gone and another to go, my old buddy you're moving much too slow
We can share the women, we can share the wine
magicblademan
View Profile
Special user
uk
523 Posts

Profile of magicblademan
Quote:
On , Bardo wrote:
Here in the UK I think Alakazam are the best by far.
http://www.alakazam.co.uk
This one for me..And also Mark mason.
If you put the time in....you will achieve ...
Mark8infiniti
View Profile
Special user
615 Posts

Profile of Mark8infiniti
1) Mark Travesoni at Saturn Magic.
2) Dude That's Cool Magic
3) Bicycle Cards.co.uk

Alakazam also up there.
iNFiNiTi | The Red Pill Magician | SHOCK NOT IMPRESS
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7049 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Jeff Pinsky of The Browser's Den of Magic.
Excellent demonstrator, a joy to do business with, and a very nice man.
Im proud to call him a friend.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
Penquin rule's...
Harry the magic man
View Profile
Loyal user
Spokane, Washington
270 Posts

Profile of Harry the magic man
Penguin is mine. Smile
Between the conception
And the creation
Between the emotion
And the response
Falls the Shadow
Life is very long- T.S. Eliot "The Hollow Men"
VMagical
View Profile
Loyal user
216 Posts

Profile of VMagical
Penguin Magic is my #1 choice
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10800 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Penguin #1
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
brandon90
View Profile
Special user
Iowa
711 Posts

Profile of brandon90
The Web: Penguin Magic, all the way. Nothing but good experiences with them

LOCAL: The Magic Apple, its close, awesome and great people.
Glenn Watson
View Profile
Special user
781 Posts

Profile of Glenn Watson
Al Lamfers of http://www.3shells.com .Has great customer service and he made me a set of shells that are no longer for sale.I may have one of the few.I could not afford the full sized version. so he made a shell size. Great Guy.
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1758 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
I can't stress enough how important it is for creators like me, that ripp off items should be banned. They are destroying all we are standing for, and a dealer who offers them is openly destroying magic creativity. Yes, you might get a product for a cheap price. But you are cutting yourself here. We, the creators, are going a long way before we release a new effect. It takes our creativity, time, money etc. to make this all happen. Not every effect we come up with is a "winner". Not even every idea will see the light of the day (There is also a lot of bad stuff around). But once a creator produced a good effect, you can bet there is fast a knock off available. For a much lower price. Certainly. Because these producers have no morality, can just lean back and watch which effects are winners and copy these, without ANY research and development and no real risk.

A dealer carrying such effects does not earn my respect, and you - with a certain knowledge in magic - should do the same. There are always beginners around (me included the first years I got into magic) that are excited when they see a cheap alternative to an effect, they don't know better. But they can learn.

I learned my lesson, so can you. And I hope that you will then start supporting the dealers out there that are honest and willing to carry the original effects, as this is what the creators of magic deserve.
Expert in playing card production for magicians.

The Person Who Says It cannot Be Done Should Not Interrupt The Person Doing It!
Chinese Proverb
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5209 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10800 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On , Card-Shark wrote:
I can't stress enough how important it is for creators like me, that ripp off items should be banned. They are destroying all we are standing for, and a dealer who offers them is openly destroying magic creativity. Yes, you might get a product for a cheap price. But you are cutting yourself here. We, the creators, are going a long way before we release a new effect. It takes our creativity, time, money etc. to make this all happen. Not every effect we come up with is a "winner". Not even every idea will see the light of the day (There is also a lot of bad stuff around). But once a creator produced a good effect, you can bet there is fast a knock off available. For a much lower price. Certainly. Because these producers have no morality, can just lean back and watch which effects are winners and copy these, without ANY research and development and no real risk.

A dealer carrying such effects does not earn my respect, and you - with a certain knowledge in magic - should do the same. There are always beginners around (me included the first years I got into magic) that are excited when they see a cheap alternative to an effect, they don't know better. But they can learn.

I learned my lesson, so can you. And I hope that you will then start supporting the dealers out there that are honest and willing to carry the original effects, as this is what the creators of magic deserve.

Thanks Christian!

Every word true - and from one of the best Magic providers out there.

My newest addiction fron Card-Shark is their wonderful Parlour Decks. I started with one, then bought another to make a fantastic ID, now I ordered a few more. These were another genuine innovation among many, and "danke" for the superb products.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/