The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Flavors from the past... :: Supreme Magic Co. - Edwin Hooper. (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Nunhunter
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of Nunhunter
I went to Devon on holiday and made an appointment to visit Supreme. Ian gave me a tour of the factory and recommended a few bits. I bought a chick pan and the Moroccan Wrist Restraint. I too miss the huge catalogue of theirs, but not the "please allow 28 days for delivery".
AidanHeritage
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of AidanHeritage
The "28 days for delivery" wasn't down to supreme, who always offered a by return service - those of us in the UK knew that. After he left Supreme, Edwin set up EMA (with some people confusing props from the latter with props from the former) - he would have loved the internet I'm sure, though would have hated the youtube exposure I'm sure. For childrens magic, we do have Practical magic (of whom I also have fond memories when it was in a former and original life owned and run by Brian Nye - though you wouldn't recognise it as the same company these days). And thanks to the wonders of the age, we can access the entire back catalogue of the Magigram without having to have a vast bookshelf to hold it all!
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
In the 70s I never had to wait fore than 3 or 4 days for anything I ordered from them. I agree that Edwin would have hated YouTube, he could be quite a forceful character if he got upset.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
AidanHeritage
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of AidanHeritage
Ian Adair is currently posting to his Facebook profile a large number of flashback photos, many of which are from his days with Supreme - worth searching him out and taking a look!
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Thanks for the info, I will have a look for sure !
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.