The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: What's Cooking? :: From our new sponsor! :: TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Special this week...
View Profile
Café Announcer
The Magic Café
787 Posts

Profile of Special this week...
Professional Magicians:
Are You Fed Up With
Low-Ball Bidding Wars,
No-Talent Cattle Calls
and Mediocre Bookings?

Dear Fellow Magician:

Back in the day, it really meant something to be represented by a talent agency. Bona-fide agencies screened requests for talent, and distributed good-paying jobs among a small stable of accomplished performers. A prestigious talent agency could really make your career.

Today? Not so much.

Today's agencies are more like "lead mills." Outfits like gigmasters, partypop, phillipandhenry, and gigsalad collect all kinds of leads from all kinds of clients, and expect you to do all the work of landing the jobs...all while you're wasting your time responding to 'price shoppers' and competing against newbies willing to work for $15 an hour.

And too often, today's "agencies" don't represent you: they force you to compete against performers without your experience or stature, who are willing to work for peanuts.

Some of these "lowest-common-denominator" services actually encourage accomplished performers like you to charge the same rates as an unknown who's just starting out. They pit performers against each other in a bidding war that no one can win.

How can they get away with it? Well, they're not really working for you. They're working for themselves, and trying to make money from volume. They have so many members signed up--and they make money no matter who gets the job. So they have little, if any, incentive to get to know you, your act, or their clients' needs.

How do I know all this? Well, I'm not psychic (although I have been known to perform a mean book test) I know because like you, I have years of experience as a high-end professional magician. And like you, I'm...

• Frustrated by low-ball bidding wars
  • Frustrated by "cattle calls" that are a waste of my time
  • Frustrated by agencies that take a cut from my paycheck for doing next to nothing.

That's exactly why I created the Master Magicians Guild.

The new Master Magician's Guild is a talent and marketing agency focused on connecting legitimate, well-paying clients with the best magical talent they can afford, while treating all parties fairly and equitably. We want to bring back all the great things about those old style agencies, and combine them with today's best lead generation and marketing technology as well as a dedicated team of sales professionals to proactively promote you, to help you get the business and bookings you deserve.

What does it mean to you to be a member of the Guild?

• Hands-off booking management: our world-class sales team takes care of everything, from the initial contact to the follow-ups, to the contracts, to the thank-you letter
  • Top-of-the-line marketing to ensure a steady stream of prospects
  • No more bidding wars and low-balling--so you can make a better living
  • Hands-on service: by limiting our member base, we make sure that every member gets customized, personal service.

And today's the day to apply. You see, we're limiting membership to only 50 Gold, 75 Silver and 125 Associate members. That's it. We're looking for above-average performers in every price category--from the $300 birthday party to the $10,000+ illusion show. And we want a diverse roster of talent to promote. So apply here today to see if you qualify.

If you're annoyed that services like Philipandhenry.com beat you down to an unreasonable fee, and if you're annoyed that services like Gigmasters.com auto-add up to 10 other performers by default--annoying both you and your prospective client, I urge you to apply today for membership in the Master Magicians Guild.

Our goal is to become the #1 source for bookings
of magic talent anywhere in North America (and soon, the world.)

If you're tired of being low-balled, and competing against beginners for mere scraps, I urge you to apply today.

Sincerely,

Michael Carducci

P.S. I'm not kidding--we're limiting the entire agency to 250 performers for North America, because we want to maximize the number of bookings per member. And we're promoting the Master Magician's Guild all over the Internet as well as marketing directly to the top venues, talent buyers and event planners in the country. So if you're serious about boosting your career, log in now to see if you qualify.