The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Street Magic :: Walking thru a tree/telephone pole? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
what the...?
View Profile
Veteran user
North Carolina
378 Posts

Profile of what the...?
I was on a website that said you can walk thru a tree or a telephone pole using a handz up gimick, using the same idea of walking thru a mirror. I do not know how to do this. If anyone can help, a pm would be appreciated.
The great Sandwich!
andl
View Profile
Regular user
Austria
159 Posts

Profile of andl
If somebody knows it, please pm me too!
thanx!
andy
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
According to their website, Hottrix offers a manual of ideas that is downloadable upon purchase of Handz Up. You might also do a Magic Café' search for "handz". This will turn up a lot of threads on using the prop.

Amos McCormick
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
Magicmatt1982
View Profile
Loyal user
Southeren IL
295 Posts

Profile of Magicmatt1982
What is the web site .I would ove to check that out . Please pm me
Your Bro In MAgic
Matthew HAmepl
what the...?
View Profile
Veteran user
North Carolina
378 Posts

Profile of what the...?
It was in the magicians section of http://www.newmagicsecrets.com
I don't own a handz up brand third hand, I wish I did so I could get the e-book. My parents bought me "The Third Hand".
The great Sandwich!
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
what the...?
View Profile
Veteran user
North Carolina
378 Posts

Profile of what the...?
They said it is more convincing than walking thru a mirror, because people know the tree is not gimicked.
The great Sandwich!
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
I have tried walking through a telephone pole (accidently) and ended up with stitches. Be careful.
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5446 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
If you know what the gimmick is then you know how to perform the trick.

This is one of the simplest and oldest versions of the walking through an object there is. It is really so easy that I had often wondered how it fooled anyone until I tried it myself and saw the reactions from the audience. I used a piece of painted plywood instead of a mirror or a pole.

Here you are simply taking the “daylight séance” idea to the next level (using a longer and wider drape).

Frankly you don’t need to buy the gimmick (but you should because it is so realistic) you can make your own using a pair of gloves. My first daylight séance gimmick was made according to an old Dunninger “how to” card that originally came with a pack of cigarettes. I got it from a junk box in an old magic store for a big nickel.

I believe that just looking at the ads for the gimmick at the sites mentioned above more than tips it off.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!