The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Street Magic :: Street performance (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
acehigher
View Profile
Regular user
150 Posts

Profile of acehigher
Humm, I have desaided that my magic will never improve if I don't proform for strangers anyway I have built up enough confidence so it is time. The only problem is what to do. When ever I think of what effects to do it always ends up turning into an ambitios card rotine. I figure this is a good way to start coz I live in South Korea and my koreans not so good, AC's a good trick seeing as you don't have to speak much, then into a twisted ace routine revealing the Ambtion card at the end a la bill Malone. But then I want something that's not cards, can be done standing with no table and not to long but will finsh the show any tips?

Also When I was young I saw someone, put a load of thread into his mouth followed by six razor blades then he pulled them out and they were tied together..... WOW, pretty much this is what started me on magic, where can I learn this anyone know?
cardman1990
View Profile
Regular user
194 Posts

Profile of cardman1990
That's a classic razor blades effect, many variations look around> As for not talking, all he routines on the Cultural Exchange videos don't require you to really communicate verbally (although it helps)
JeffHall
View Profile
Regular user
Davis, California
161 Posts

Profile of JeffHall
It is one of Tarbell,s book. If still interested, I'll look up the volume and let you know.
regards, Jeff
the levitator
View Profile
Special user
Spellbound Productions
546 Posts

Profile of the levitator
Andrew Mayne also published his take on the razor blade effect in his book, "Shock Magic." It's a great little book!

As for other stand up material, there is a ton out there that is very visual, here's just a few that I like to do when I stroll at nightclubs:

Mismade Bill
Vanishing/Reappearing Silk w/TT
Dancing Bill
Hopping Halves
Digital C/S
Cut & Restored Rope
Bistering
Spongeballs (EEK! I do mostly bizzare now and this STILL kills!)
Ashes on Palm
Torn and Restored Card (a card effect I know, but still very visual)
Appearing cockroach (one of my favorites!)
Pen Through Bill
Coin in Bottle (the coin bite is done to death!)
Cigarette Through Coin
Elevator
King's Rising
Balducci

That's just to name a few. There's a ton of stuff out there that doesn't require a lot of talking or storytelling. I'm sure others on this board will give you many other excellent suggestions.
"It's all in your head...."

James Anthony
www.jamesanthonymagic.com
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
Get a raven as well.
acehigher
View Profile
Regular user
150 Posts

Profile of acehigher
Thanks guys I'll check this stuff out.
what the...?
View Profile
Veteran user
North Carolina
378 Posts

Profile of what the...?
I found the razorblade trick for $10 at my magic store. I know another version, you don't have to buy, but the blades go out of site before they go in your mouth. I can explain it though. Pm me.
The great Sandwich!