The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Street Magic :: UFO Floating Card (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
ace334
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of ace334
Im not sure if I should post this under street magic but mabye you guys can help he out- I purchased the Houdini's UFO floating card trick, and I cant get the card to fly around my body like they do in the magic shops. Can someone give me any advice how to do this.

Also I was reading about all the diffrent levatation packages out there- if you have purcheased the Elevator and the Kings Float- Could you plz e-mail me or message me on aim - ace334 how these work before I buy them.
magicbouy
View Profile
New user
Ireland
52 Posts

Profile of magicbouy
Hi Ace,
It is unethical to describe how effects work before you purchase them. What we can do is tell you how practical the effects are and what situations they are best suited to. If you are interested in a street levitation I personally think the original balducci levitation is the best. After that I'd go for the King Rising. With regards to UFO card the guys in Houdini's have been practicing this for many, many hours and sell it on it's 'easy to do' tag line. Truth is it's easy to do after hours and hours of practice. Sorry I can't help more - hope this helps
JJDrew
View Profile
Loyal user
Arizona
221 Posts

Profile of JJDrew
There's no quick way to master the UFO card. When they claim they can teach you to do it in five minutes, they're referring to the mechanism. That's like selling you a piano and then saying, "See? You just push the keys! It's easy!" It will take a LONG time to learn to play it properly. On the other hand, UFO's an awesome effect if done well, I wish you luck.
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
Practice it. It took me a while. I don't perform it much anymore...mainly only to get a crowd when I need something visual.
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
Reis O'Brien
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
2467 Posts

Profile of Reis O'Brien
As far as working the streets goes, I get rather frustrated with anything using IT. One good breeze and it all goes kablooey!
Homo vult decipi; decipiatur

http://www.myspace.com/liar_4_hire
ace334
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of ace334
Those of you that have the UFO- I don't understand how it goes around your back because when I try it, it gets caught or isn't long enough and doesn't seem right. Does it go around your neck or your torso?

If you know what I am talking about, please explain, because I wanna practice the right way, so I don't waste my time.
Partizan
View Profile
Inner circle
London UK
1682 Posts

Profile of Partizan
This is the best IT hookup you can use. don't worry about a full 360 until you explore the hookup.
Play with it dude, rig up and get spinning. Make 10 rigs so if you get a breakage then you can just switch.
If you r right handed throw to the right. Look to spin the card from chest thru to shoulder height, looking to make an ark from right to left.
It loops the neck and is caught by the left.
Then use a hula hoop type motion to make the card make the loop.

I use this hook-up to do rising card, floating coin.

PS. I would suggest that your body makes 1/2 of the arc by first, moving left, using your cheek and rotating your body 90deg anticlck. Then snapping 180 clockwise to track the card until you can grab it.
you can shorten the gap the better you get. and remember to give the card lots of spin. Just like you would if you try the stunt for real.

I can make the full rig in under 2 minutes, and usually make one up when I spend a penny Smile Come back out and perform a minor illusion.
"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus."
- Mark Twain
Randy Sager
View Profile
Elite user
409 Posts

Profile of Randy Sager
Actually you don't have to do around the body at all. just float a bill out of a persons hand and be done with it.
NYKnicks5
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of NYKnicks5
Quote:
On 2004-02-20 17:36, Firedice27 wrote:
As far as working the streets goes, I get rather frustrated with anything using IT. One good breeze and it all goes kablooey!

Definately a true statement. I would be careful when deciding to use this on the streets. I suggest wearing the hook-up, and depending on the breeze, you can decide whether or not you want to do the trick. I learned this a long time ago, and I rarely use it. But If you are doing any type of stand up (indoors) where you want something visual to attract attention, then this might be a good trick to master.
Oz Fan
View Profile
Loyal user
277 Posts

Profile of Oz Fan
Hey ace just do a search for ufo card I'm sure something will pop up.
Blake S.
Eternal
View Profile
New user
Chicago
7 Posts

Profile of Eternal
This trick is definitally a toughy but with plenty of time and practice it looks awsome. it took me a good two days straight to do it at a level where I felt comfortable showing anyone

although it can be used outside I also would not reccomend it unless you have just the right weather conditions
silentmotivation
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of silentmotivation
Question on the IT......where do you hook it up so you can slightly walk away from the bill?
Seen it at penguin and have tried ever %$#! hookup and I still cant figure it out...almost tempted to pay another 30 dollars for string and a secret....
indianajones
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of indianajones
With regards to wind, I use to play with a credit card so the wind is not as big a factor.