The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Street Magic :: Levitating objects (Glass, Bottles, anything) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Bad-Boy
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of Bad-Boy
Guys

Anybody know a good trick or a link for levitating glasses and bottles? I found one where you fill up a glass while it is floating in the air. Not this sort of style but as in like:

"Hey, watch. I'll show ya something (borrow glass of anybody)." Then you make it float in your hands. I have found one trick but the reviews are pretty bad. Any good ones you can recommend?

Bad-Boy Smile
Bad-Boy Smile
kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2708 Posts

Profile of kinesis
I purchased a gimmick many years ago that could do a very basic levitation of a glass or bottle. I don't know where you can get them now. I'll PM you with the idea as I don't want to expose the method on the site.
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein

FACEBOOK
JackDaniel
View Profile
Veteran user
nevada
376 Posts

Profile of JackDaniel
Bad-boy,
These Glass/Bottle levitations have been around forever, though they are more suitable for stage shows, but PM those guys at Hocus-Pocus. They will give you an honest rewiew on which of these gimmicks that will work best for you.
Jack.
Visit the magic of Vegas and your life will change forever..
Bad-Boy
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of Bad-Boy
That's cool man, thanks guys.

I do mostly close-up, so it might be hard but I'll go and do some research. Thanks again.
Bad-Boy Smile
Freak out
View Profile
New user
Sweden
10 Posts

Profile of Freak out
I don't know if this is what you are looking for, but there is a gimmick called the Levitator. With some practise you can do it close up. I use it on the street, and so far I haven't been caught.

This is a swedish site but it has a picture of the levitator in action. A bad one but still...

http://www.gycklaren.com/katalog/float.htm
kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2708 Posts

Profile of kinesis
Bad Boy - Going by the picture, I think this is the gimmick I described in my PM

FACEBOOK
yosef_dov
View Profile
Loyal user
NYC area
242 Posts

Profile of yosef_dov
Greetings,

You may also be thinking of one of the Airborne gimmicks (glass or bottle)... the use of this is that you pick up a glass and bottle, start pouring a drink, and casually let go of the glass to scratch yourself or something, and the glass stays in mid-air, with the drink still pouring into it. Do it briefly, then grab the glass and take a swig and put it down. It's one of those things that specs will think, "HUH? What did I just see?"

Joe
Bad-Boy
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of Bad-Boy
COOl

Yeah I saw that one on barmagic once ... but only prob is I aint no barkeeper Smile

Maybe it is an IT or ITR I need to make it happen. I mostly do Bars and Clubs
Bad-Boy Smile
yosef_dov
View Profile
Loyal user
NYC area
242 Posts

Profile of yosef_dov
Do a search on a dealer site for AIRBORNE (like http://www.hocus-pocus.com or http://www.hanklee.com) and you'll see what I mentioned before. It could easily work in a bar/club. You just walk around with the bottle in your hand and do the float whenever.

Here's the text from Hank Lee's website describing this:

The Airborne Glass is one of the neatest tricks in magic. Now, Doug Malloy has made it better than ever. He has truly made the Ultimate Airborne!
Pick up a soda can/bottle with one hand and a glass with the other.

Begin to pour a drink. As the liquid pours, let go of the glass!

It remains suspended in mid-air! And, the liquid continues to fill the glass!

Once the glass is full, pluck it from the air, set the can aside and toast your audience! A great routine! Easy to do; sets up in a second.

The Ultimate Airborne comes four ways: Soda Can, Beer Bottle, Champagne Bottle and Perrier Bottle.

There are other versions of this as well, including an electronic version that I believe can make the glass move up and down.

Joe
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Fellas, I used the Malloy airborne Coke in my act for years, until I literally wore it out. Actually, it got dented up badly in my carrying case, and I had to retire it.
But, I can attest to it's effectiveness.

It looks easy, but it took me years of practice to get it working smoothly so I could do it without fumbling.

There are a couple of points in the performance where things could go wrong, and thet is where the practice comes in.
And it is not easy to fill. You have only a tiny hole to pour your liquid in, and it makes a mess.

I solved the problem by using colored water instead of real pop, and the filling problem I solved by taking a funnel, and then supergluing one of those little funnel shaped objects the doctor puts on the instrument he uses to see inside your ear.

so basically I had a tiny funnel glued to the end of a big funnel which allowed me to put the tiny funnel directly in the spout of the Coke can, and fill it easily and quickly and with almost zero mess.

As my friend Wile E Coyote said " Gad! I'm such a genius!"
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2708 Posts

Profile of kinesis
Tiny funnels are widely available at craft/hobby stores for use with steam engines and the like.

FACEBOOK
themagicofjoseph
View Profile
Loyal user
214 Posts

Profile of themagicofjoseph
Get a soda from McDonalds..or coffee cup (paper or foam) put thumb thru hole behind cup and float it toward them..reaching out and grabing it with your 3rd and little fingers first, then the others..pull gently back to you. Granted it's a cheapie..but who will expect it? It's improve lol.
Oz Fan
View Profile
Loyal user
277 Posts

Profile of Oz Fan
Yes I agree with themagicofjoseph.
Blake S.
protik
View Profile
New user
bangladesh
57 Posts

Profile of protik
I can levitate a beer can or a tea cup.The trick I used earlier needed a little preparetion.But I've improved it and now I can perform this trick anytime,anywhere with any cups or cans.My improved version is cool and I am very happy with it.