The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Street Magic :: Jaw dropping magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Justin McWilliams
View Profile
1983 - 2005
New Jersey
157 Posts

Profile of Justin McWilliams
Ok everyone I have a little term for a certain genre of magic. It's the kind of stuff that you do where it just leaves people saying, "I must be on something." I consider things like ashes to ashes, the web, out of this world, that kind of stuff if any one else can think of other stuff like that, tell me what you consider to be that.
Hey I'm a magician, i've never told a lie.....oops:o/
StreetMagicMagician
View Profile
New user
California
10 Posts

Profile of StreetMagicMagician
Hmm... I don't know if this would count or not but Card-Toon is very awesome and a clever trick.
Vincenzo
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
215 Posts

Profile of Vincenzo
Tricks where stuff happens in the spectator's hands.
Mark Martinez
View Profile
Inner circle
Wisconsin
1276 Posts

Profile of Mark Martinez
I agree with Vincenzo. When you can make things happen in their hands, they love that!
Magically,
Mark

Success comes before work only in the dictionary. - Anonymous
Mago Mai
View Profile
Elite user
Venezuela
485 Posts

Profile of Mago Mai
What about writing a prediction on a piece of paper, then tell him that you are thinking on what you just wrote and that you will try to transmit your thoughts to him. Ask him to tell you the first word that comes to his mind. Show him the paper and see his reaction.
Mago Mai
I invite all of you to share some of my magic on videos.Please, CLICK HERE
ABlinkinn
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of ABlinkinn
I get that reaction with my packet tricks. And the haunted bill. It's a great reaction. Smile
denny_Corby
View Profile
Loyal user
PA
240 Posts

Profile of denny_Corby
Try the Invisible deck, Brainwave, Strange Voyage, which can be found in close up card magic and on the Johnny Ace Palmer tapes. That trick kills people and Dr. Daley's last trick.
Darck Ninja
View Profile
New user
SLC-UTAH
76 Posts

Profile of Darck Ninja
I think that the Micro-5 works that way, most people either run-away, cross themselves,or just sit there. Smile
"The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. He who does not know it and can no longer wonder, is as good as dead, and his eyes are dimmed." Einstein
Great Domino
View Profile
Special user
Canada
545 Posts

Profile of Great Domino
I think performing Sankey's "What if?" from Secret Files #2 is a real crowd pleaser and teaser.
Andrew E. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1428 Posts

Profile of Andrew E. Miller
Deep Astonishment, Impression, Anniversary Waltz, Signed Card Tricks in general, all in the hands magic is mind-blowing.

Andrew
If you get bored go to www.a-miller.idz.net and watch some magic.

-Andrew
_member_
View Profile
New user
UK
5 Posts

Profile of _member_
Ask someone to think of someone important to them, get them to write it down, centre tear it, do some cold reading, culminatng in the revelation of the name, there are not many stronger effects I do.

The resonance and impact directly depends on how much emotion you have got them to
'invest in the name' ie, if you ask them to write down the name of somone they know or someone who is 'important to them'. Smile
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
Cold reading is awesome...

I'm thinking of setting up shop as a cold reader in Grant Park in Chicago! It should be fun. Now to age my tarot deck...
james_magic
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
124 Posts

Profile of james_magic
Anything by Paul Harris.
Fantasy Knight
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto,Ontario,Canada
244 Posts

Profile of Fantasy Knight
Well I'd say Arm Twister really gets the spectator saying your on something as well as them, lol so I think anything where you alter something of their's into a magic piece and yes if done in their hands better yet.

But if you're looking for an effect that is going to get that responce, do Bill in Tube or Pen, etc... because they will definitely think their on drugs for giving you their money in the first place!!
Grew up near one of the greatest minds in magic the late Stewart James, in a town called Wallaceburg just 15 mins from Courtright where James could be found, time and time again he would inspire me to always be creative and just love all magic.
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of NJJ
I think that any effect performed slowly and with great care will create that sensation in an audience.

Its great fun when it happens! Smile
BryanDreyfus
View Profile
Loyal user
293 Posts

Profile of BryanDreyfus
I have to agree with nicholas... anything done well will do.

I have trouble with listing effects that "kill". What it does is create a monster. Soon, everyone will be doing that "killer" effect instead of making what they already do a "killer" effect.

Far better to post "how can we make xxx effect a killer effect".

Bryan
Oh sure, I can spell "Antidisestablishmentarianism", but I can't type t-h-e.
wassabi_87
View Profile
Loyal user
moscow, idaho
226 Posts

Profile of wassabi_87
Definitely the invisible deck, well worth it.
bike during the day,
do magic at night,
and very early the next morning,
homework.
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
I agree with:

Impromptu Out of This World

Card Warp

Ashes in Palm

Invisible Deck

However, I'd also add:

IT, if used correctly (no bouncy-bouncy
"floating" $ bill). Especially for non-levitating movement like cutting a deck of cards, having the IT graze a spectator's arm hairs, moving a fork on the table, etc.

Turk
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
aranaza
View Profile
New user
London, England
53 Posts

Profile of aranaza
Deep astonishment must be worth a mention.
Leaves punters thinking WT!!!
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
I had forgotten this effect I used to do:

About 20 years ago, Doug Henning did a Rubik's Cube effect on one of his TV specials where he twisted the cube up into a mess and then he threw it into the air, caught it and it was solved!! This was a close-up magic effect and only used one cube. No switches, No topit. Just the one cube.

Now THAT had people checking their reality.

Turk
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.