The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Street Magic :: Levitation, recomendations anyone? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
CraziSilverAngel
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of CraziSilverAngel
I'm looking for anything that will teach me levitation currently, and I've seen everyone commenting that Criss levitation isn't as great as it is portrayed to be. So I was wondering what othere dvds are out there that will do about the same effect? and that is much more worth it to buy? I did check out icaruseffect.com, that one looks awsome however the only problem is that I really don't have 400$ lying around. So any suggestions would be awsome!

Thanks
Vicki
Believe In The Rainbow
Magic2253711
View Profile
New user
Wisconsin
82 Posts

Profile of Magic2253711
Elevator- not a dvd

E2-not a dvd

king rising levitation

Fearsons fantastic levitation- not a dvd

bulducci-learn to levitate dvd
"Sometimes what people think is real, is just an illusion, but sometimes what people think is an illusion, is real."
-Criss Angel
Bob Saget Rocks
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of Bob Saget Rocks
If you're not a whining baby, and have time to construct something...get criss's dvd (i got mine on dvd for less than $100), don't underestimate it. If you don't want to construct something complex...I would have to say wild levitation (penguinmagic.com). If you're completley not into buying anything...then just P.M me and maybe I can discuss Balducci with you.

If you're new to magic and what pulled your interest towards it was the "Levitation", then you might want to check out OTHER magic first to see if MAGIC is really something you like. But ask yourself this....did you come to this website just to know the secret of one or more levitations?
CraziSilverAngel
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Quote:
On 2006-01-18 00:31, Bob Saget Rocks wrote:
If you're not a whining baby, and have time to construct something...get criss's dvd (i got mine on dvd for less than $100), don't underestimate it. If you don't want to construct something complex...I would have to say wild levitation (penguinmagic.com). If you're completley not into buying anything...then just P.M me and maybe I can discuss Balducci with you.

If you're new to magic and what pulled your interest towards it was the "Levitation", then you might want to check out OTHER magic first to see if MAGIC is really something you like. But ask yourself this....did you come to this website just to know the secret of one or more levitations?

I want to get Criss Angel levitation but reading the reviews on it people seem so dissappointed with it. I do have question though: does it always have to be back view?or is it possible to face teh audience and then levitate? I don't mind hands on work, that'd make me all the more attached to the gimmick.I attempted the balducci trick, me and my little brother ended up jumping up and down some how. I got the info from david blains' ebook. if you have any tips I'd love to hear them.
Believe In The Rainbow
CraziSilverAngel
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Quote:
On 2006-01-18 00:03, Magic2253711 wrote:
Elevator- not a dvd

E2-not a dvd

king rising levitation

Fearsons fantastic levitation- not a dvd

bulducci-learn to levitate dvd

Thanks muchly. I wanted to know for "King Rising" for how to do it, is there a gimmick envolved or illusion?
Believe In The Rainbow
Eirik
View Profile
Special user
Oslo
879 Posts

Profile of Eirik
[/quote]
On 2006-01-18 03:42, CraziSilverAngel wrote:
Thanks muchly. I wanted to know for "King Rising" for how to do it, is there a gimmick envolved or illusion?
[/quote]

Kings Rising is totally impromptu and like the balducci it does not require any gimmicks at all.
If you put enough practice into it, you'll add a powerful tool to your act.

-e-
...As long as i`m not a world-champion at anything, the great reactions of doin` magic will do just fine.....
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
I would go with King Rising or balducci, just because you can do it anytime anywhere.
Sfarad
View Profile
Loyal user
Israel
233 Posts

Profile of Sfarad
My suggestion is to earn money to buy Icarus which is the only one worth out there.
Balducci has became a mainstream at the muggle society and King rising, well it gets the same reaction as Balducci just the ones who know Balducci will be more 'surprised'.
Elevator and Elevator 2, well ok nice levitations but if you are in the way to buy one, Icarus will be the best option.
Sincerely,
Doron.
'Magic is the bloodstream of the universe. Forget all you know or think you know! All that you require, is your intuition'.
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
I agree that Balducci has become "mainstream". At one time I performed this all the time. I went through a phase where I hated it, because I thought everybody knew how it worked. I got over that and believe me it is great. For a begginer that is just experimenting in magic you can't go wrong with it. We are not trying to fool magicians we are trying to fool layman. Lets not forget that.
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
Also the balucci will cost you 0.00. How can you go wrong with that? 0.00 vs 20 to 300 dollars? Seems like a good deal.
troller
View Profile
Loyal user
276 Posts

Profile of troller
A lot of complaints on the E1 and E2 at my local magic store, since people can't return it after finding out the secret. Once bought, it's yours! Still E2 is like $200, it would be cheaper buying the Criss Angel DVD since that lev is way better in my own opinion and will be more convicing. Icarus Effect is also a better lev since it is a lot cleaner looking and does levitate higher than any of the Bladuccis, King Rising etc.. levs.

The Criss Angel DVD will be good enough for you to at least learn what it takes to create a levitation that will blow people's minds. I have read that some have even modified it to be a simpler build and it still works fine. Some people have commented that the DVD suggest how to make it so that you can look at people while doing the lev. So it is reversable. Don't listen to those that are loyal Icarus Effect, they are blind to all other suggestions it would seem.. I think they call them zealot. (Zealotry denotes zeal in excess, referring to cases where activism and ambition in relation to an ideology have become excessive to the point of being harmful to others, oneself, and one's own cause. A zealous person is called a zealot.)

I have seen some people selling their Icarus Effect on this board for a discount rate.. although still expensive at $300 or so, maybe it will be in your ballpark. Do a search here on this board.

The Balducci Lev can be found on the Internet. Do a google search.

For whatever lev you are going to learn, make sure you do practice it till it is smooth and does not reveal it's method.

Good luck in your purchase.
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
Troller have you made the gimick for the ANgel lev?
troller
View Profile
Loyal user
276 Posts

Profile of troller
No I made my own version.
jfkkraemer
View Profile
Elite user
SoCal
481 Posts

Profile of jfkkraemer
Troller, which one do you own, Angels Lev, Icarus or either E1 or E2.
dengez
View Profile
Loyal user
USA
245 Posts

Profile of dengez
Troller, don't put words in Criss Angel's mouth. He did not say you could modify it so that you could look at people. Do you own the DVD? No. Do I? Yes. Don't make things up. Obviously, anyone can watch the DVD and modify it to make it simpler if they just think. Criss Angel even tells you to make it your own. You can do about anything with a little thought. "Loyal" Icarus Effect fans just don't want people to try to rip off the effect like you. Mr., I made my own version without buying anything because I'm smart. Anyone could do that. The important thing is being loyal to the creator of any given effect that you buy. When I reviewed Criss Angel's levitation, I reviewed it as he explained it on his DVD. If you want to think outside the box, it could be whatever you want it to be. Should you try to rip off Icarus Effect though? No. Buy it if you want it. Am I going to come to your house and stop you from building your own version? Of course not. Do whatever you want.

dengez
STANGMMX
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of STANGMMX
Yeah I'm crazy about levitations but... to be honest... if you're really looking to get into it and get crazy reactions, honestly icarus is the best way to go... I know its a lot of cash but, I can't find a review that has many bad things to say about it, and I've been looking around quite a bit. Also... Ignore Dengez. I'm sorry but if you're capable of thinking up a levitation and it happens to be the same as icarus or any of the others out there, build it. Don't sell it or anything, but for your own purposes, sure, why the hell not? Talk about saving you some serious cash. My friend and I had already thought about the exact same gimmick used in the first Elevator. Not a huge claim to fame, but still, doesn't mean even if we thought of it AFTER it had come out that we couldn't take the time to build it. ANYWAYS

You'll soon learn, that if you want a solid levitation, you're going to have to cough up the dough. All the other levitations are decent, don't get me wrong, and they can certainly get pretty good reactions from time to time, but nothing touches Icarus or Criss' levitation. Word of advice. Buy Icarus. Criss' levitation is harder to build and start up and ending the act is tricky... Icarus is a good clean trick and worth the cash (somewhat... it is slightly expensive for my taste but... it keeps the trick away from the general public so we don't have half the globe floating onto stairs etc.)
Hope I helped
SMU Class of 2010
STANGMMX
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of STANGMMX
Yeah I'm crazy about levitations but... to be honest... if you're really looking to get into it and get crazy reactions, honestly icarus is the best way to go... I know its a lot of cash but, I can't find a review that has many bad things to say about it, and I've been looking around quite a bit. Also... Ignore Dengez. I'm sorry but if you're capable of thinking up a levitation and it happens to be the same as icarus or any of the others out there, build it. Don't sell it or anything, but for your own purposes, sure, why the hell not? Talk about saving you some serious cash. My friend and I had already thought about the exact same gimmick used in the first Elevator. Not a huge claim to fame, but still, doesn't mean even if we thought of it AFTER it had come out that we couldn't take the time to build it. ANYWAYS

You'll soon learn, that if you want a solid levitation, you're going to have to cough up the dough. All the other levitations are decent, don't get me wrong, and they can certainly get pretty good reactions from time to time, but nothing touches Icarus or Criss' levitation. Word of advice. Buy Icarus. Criss' levitation is harder to build and start up and ending the act is tricky... Icarus is a good clean trick and worth the cash (somewhat... it is slightly expensive for my taste but... it keeps the trick away from the general public so we don't have half the globe floating onto stairs etc.)
Hope I helped
SMU Class of 2010
troller
View Profile
Loyal user
276 Posts

Profile of troller
There are many examples of people's own version of effects. For instance Andrew Maine and the create of E1 and E2, both have effects on their sites that they are selling that are of existing effects. I can't understand why dengez would be freaking out so much that I created my own version. How many card thru window effects are out there? And they all look the same except for a few setup points. But no one out there has even asked what I created and all ready they are assuming that I copied something that I do not own nor did I ever watch.

Funny how some people are on this forum. I am an effect creator myself and have been for a while. Most of my stuff I keep to myself. The levitation effect has been an interest for me for quite a while. And since there are many different ways to do it, there are always more version that can be created. The Icarus Effect and Criss Angel's version is not the end - all of all levitations. And my version allows you to do something those do not.. but, that will only be revealed to a certain few. For I do not want to be torn apart by the negative posters nor do I want my lev to be out there for anyone to buy and thus destroying the potential for it's worth.

Perhaps one day you might be able to see it performed... but for now... I am free to comment and post my opinions on any subject allowable on this forum. Let's keep it friendly shall we for this forum is all about helping others and posting suggestions and opinions. You do not have to own something to be able to comment on it for I have eyes and ears. I also have experience doing magic so it's not like I am a beginner not knowing what conjuring is all about.
CraziSilverAngel
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Quote:
On 2006-01-18 11:55, troller wrote:
A lot of complaints on the E1 and E2 at my local magic store, since people can't return it after finding out the secret. Once bought, it's yours! Still E2 is like $200, it would be cheaper buying the Criss Angel DVD since that lev is way better in my own opinion and will be more convicing. Icarus Effect is also a better lev since it is a lot cleaner looking and does levitate higher than any of the Bladuccis, King Rising etc.. levs.

The Criss Angel DVD will be good enough for you to at least learn what it takes to create a levitation that will blow people's minds. I have read that some have even modified it to be a simpler build and it still works fine. Some people have commented that the DVD suggest how to make it so that you can look at people while doing the lev. So it is reversable. Don't listen to those that are loyal Icarus Effect, they are blind to all other suggestions it would seem.. I think they call them zealot. (Zealotry denotes zeal in excess, referring to cases where activism and ambition in relation to an ideology have become excessive to the point of being harmful to others, oneself, and one's own cause. A zealous person is called a zealot.)

I have seen some people selling their Icarus Effect on this board for a discount rate.. although still expensive at $300 or so, maybe it will be in your ballpark. Do a search here on this board.

The Balducci Lev can be found on the Internet. Do a google search.

For whatever lev you are going to learn, make sure you do practice it till it is smooth and does not reveal it's method.

Good luck in your purchase.

wow whenever I can see the selling board thing I'll deff. go check the icarus effect one.
Thanx for the suggestions^^!
Believe In The Rainbow
frenchmagi
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of frenchmagi
I've gotten great reactions from the wild lev. Anyone else?