The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Street Magic :: Icarus Effect Angle Sensitive? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Marc Levine
View Profile
Regular user
South Florida
125 Posts

Profile of Marc Levine
Can the Icarus Effect be done surrounded? Can it be viewed from the sides? It seems from the demo that its best done on 1 or 2 people standing directly in front.
Magic2253711
View Profile
New user
Wisconsin
82 Posts

Profile of Magic2253711
Yes it is angle sensitive and it is best if it is done for 1 or 2 people at a time. No it can not be viewed from the sides. you don't want them to beable to see behind you. its best if viewed straight on.
"Sometimes what people think is real, is just an illusion, but sometimes what people think is an illusion, is real."
-Criss Angel
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2249 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
Check out the FAQ on http://www.icaruseffect.com If you have further questions, send Aaron (the creator) an e-mail. He's very helpful.

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
Rcitgo
View Profile
Special user
Emporia,Va.
738 Posts

Profile of Rcitgo
Still waiting on mine.They said it was on backorder and they would ship in two weeks.Yesterday made two weeks.I also got three day shipping so it might arive Thursday but I doubt I'll get it then.Everthing I order from them is always on backorder and I do mean everthing!Waiting on Thursday with crossed fingers.
entity
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
5060 Posts

Profile of entity
Who did you order it from? Several dealers carry it. And you can order it directly from Aaron, the inventor, at icaruseffect.com.

- entity
Oklahoma Magic Man
View Profile
New user
Oklahoma
12 Posts

Profile of Oklahoma Magic Man
Quote:
On 2005-11-22 05:55, Rcitgo wrote:
Still waiting on mine.They said it was on backorder and they would ship in two weeks.Yesterday made two weeks.I also got three day shipping so it might arive Thursday but I doubt I'll get it then.Everthing I order from them is always on backorder and I do mean everthing!Waiting on Thursday with crossed fingers.

Well, I'm crossing my fingers for ya too. Everybody else cross your fingers too! Smile
MattWayne
View Profile
Special user
Manhattan, NY | Studio City, CA
624 Posts

Profile of MattWayne
I've heard there's a good bit of set up. Yes? No? Wouldn't mind getting one, and wouldn't mind putting the time into setting it up- but just wanted someone else's opinion on the construction of it all. All being conceivable, practical, etc.

best regards,
Matt Tomasko
Matt Wayne
The Celebrity Magicianâ„¢
www.CelebrityMagician.com / youtube.com/celebritymagician / twitter.com/RealMattWayne /
Facebook.com/CelebrityMagician

Creator of, 'Got a Light?' and others.
Spokesperson behind, TouchTricks
jfkkraemer
View Profile
Elite user
SoCal
481 Posts

Profile of jfkkraemer
Read thru the posts on Icarus, you will find everything you need to know. The set up is simple, great dvd instructions and it is very straight forward to use. Read the posts and you will find great reviews and some happy purchasers.

Jeff
Marc Levine
View Profile
Regular user
South Florida
125 Posts

Profile of Marc Levine
Ok thanks all. I am actually looking for some type of surrounded self levitation effect. I cant imagine it would be superb looking, but are their any on the market that accommodate the full circle?
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
I believe Zero gravity is..
skc417
View Profile
Loyal user
australia
226 Posts

Profile of skc417
Although zero gravity has better angles, I wouldn't say you can be surrounded.
The trouble in making the gaff for this just to float a couple of inches isn't really worth it.
Marty The Magnificent
View Profile
New user
STL, Missouri
23 Posts

Profile of Marty The Magnificent
All I will say is this...

I bought mine directly from Aaron, I live in Missouri, I received it in 3 days (ordered Sunday Night got it on Wednesdays mail delivery) as for the setup, the DVD that Aaron made is just....so detailed and made to perfection, he is definitaly a genius and a big inspiration to fellow magicians alike.

I give the Icarus Effect 9/10

9 for the price
10 for everything else

Marty
the levitator
View Profile
Special user
Spellbound Productions
546 Posts

Profile of the levitator
You can do Zero Gravity surrounded, I performed it that way as a stage illusion a few years ago. I would have 8-10 people come up from the audience and position themselves all the way around me and I would perform the levitation. I usually have a big screen at my stage shows and a guy running a camera and he would do close up shots so the rest of the audience could see much closer. It always did very well since I was surrounded, but it's true that you can only go a few inches with Zero Gravity. With the right buildup and presentation, the height of your levitation shouldn't be what is remembered. I'm not taking anything away from Icarus, it sounds like a great leviation, and the height looks impressive. I just hope that those who have purchased the Icarus don't get lazy and just rely on the height to get their reactions. Presentation is still the most important part of any effect. I think I had a strong presentation for Zero Gravity which is why it had such a big impact with "only" a few inches.
"It's all in your head...."

James Anthony
www.jamesanthonymagic.com
Joey Stalin
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1072 Posts

Profile of Joey Stalin
If they aren't directly infront of you you will give away the secret, the over 400 dollar secret. Now ask youself why it can only be view dead on. So for 400 not worth it. Angels future masterminds vol 2 for under 250 would be worth it, or more so than icarus.
-A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.
-It is easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them.
-The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.

See you space cowboy...
Joey Stalin
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1072 Posts

Profile of Joey Stalin
Oh look for under $100 on Hocus Pocus. For $80.00 if you pre order it. $100 if you don't preorder it. http://www.hocus-pocus.com/magicshop/?hn=1
Even better.

See you space cowboy...
entity
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
5060 Posts

Profile of entity
Joey Stalin doesn't own Icarus Effect. Probably hasn't even seen it performed live. He doesn't own the Angel video, because it's not out yet.

Talk about un-informed opinions!

- entity
jfkkraemer
View Profile
Elite user
SoCal
481 Posts

Profile of jfkkraemer
Hey Joey what are the angle restrictions for Angels lev, how high can you go and how many people should you do the Criss Angel lev for. Also is it hard to build and how much time do you think it might take to make it and most of all, is it practical. Oh I almost forgot, do we need a chair to float up to oh ya will we need an esculator to.

Pretty tough to answer any of these questions wouldn't you think seeing as though Angels dvd has not yet been seen or released. Imagine comparing something that you don't know much about to something you know absolutely nothing about, great comparison.

Jeff
Joey Stalin
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1072 Posts

Profile of Joey Stalin
I do not own it; however I know somebody who does. I know he was pretty upset about wasting 400 dollars after finding out he could purchase the same effect from Criss Angel for 1/4 the price. In this case 100 > 400.

See you space cowboy...
jfkkraemer
View Profile
Elite user
SoCal
481 Posts

Profile of jfkkraemer
Joey read your posts, he can by it for 100 bucks, 25% of Icarus, doesn't it cost 200 bucks to make it and if I remember correctly you can only do the lev for one person hmmm, boy it sounds so much better. Do you know how Angels works, do you know what he will instruct you to buy and lastley what makes you such an authority on Criss Angels levitation, for someone who ownes neither you do have a lot of facts. Help us out and compare the two is Angels set up hard, are we clean when were done, anything you can help us out with.

Jeff
entity
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
5060 Posts

Profile of entity
Joey:

Tell me the person you know who bought it and is unhappy. I'd like to speak with them myself. Or are you just bs-ing as usual?

- entity