The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Street Magic :: TT Problem (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Magnum
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of Magnum
I am having trouble finding a TT to match my skin tone (due to my permanant tan acquired at birth). Does anyone have any ideas?
rumburak
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of rumburak
Do a search on thumb tips on this forum.

The bottom line of most experts is that a thumb tip is NOT MEANT to be invisible! It is not a prothesis that you can use instead of your thumb. A good magician can wear a fluourescent thumb tip and still not get caught.

Actually, the "secret" is to not tip off the fact that your hands aren't empty. You have to believe this yourself so that your body language doesn't show it.
Philippe
View Profile
Special user
778 Posts

Profile of Philippe
The colour is irrelevent, almost. I remember hearing of a close up magi that used a Chrome plated TT just to prove that it is not seen. I do not have any TT that is the right colour. Just use it correctly Magnum.
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Everyone mentions the chrome or bright red TT and the demos given to show that color don't matter.. IMHO TTs were and are made to look close to the real deal and to blend as much as possible for a reason.

The softer vinyl TTs tend to darken with time while the harder ones don't darken much at all.
My skin is light and the soft vinyls contrast with my skin quite a bit with age but I still use them. As mentioned above, care of angles and acting natural conceals this fact and even if the color is off it's OK at a glance.
blazes816
View Profile
Special user
Wichita, Kansas
522 Posts

Profile of blazes816
Go to http://www.stevensmagic.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=945 they have invisible thumbtips.
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17161 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
With D'Lites there is a dvd that shows how to color the d'lite tt using a sharpie and adding color and wiping to a more desireable color before it dries.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5965 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Quote:
On 2005-06-30 13:22, blazes816 wrote:
Go to http://www.stevensmagic.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=945 they have invisible thumbtips.

Actually, the tip isn't really invisible. It just vanishes after the vanish of the object placed into it.
accolombel
View Profile
New user
seattle
82 Posts

Profile of accolombel
I too have a permanant tan aquired at birth. To darken my TT I soak them in black coffee. Yes, I know if use properly the TT is not seen, but darkening them makes me feel better. One day I will feel confident enough to not have to darken the TT.

Craig
craig colombel
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2547 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
You can also check the spray paint isle at lowes or home depot. You may find a color that is a closer match.
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
If you can afford it you can get custom TT's made. I don't remember the site, perhaps someone else knows it.
dengez
View Profile
Loyal user
USA
245 Posts

Profile of dengez
I wish I had a permanant tan.