The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Street Magic :: Levitation, recomendations anyone? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
CraziSilverAngel
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of CraziSilverAngel
Quote:
On 2006-01-18 23:57, raphlo2 wrote:
I've gotten great reactions from the wild lev. Anyone else?

I'm not quite sure what that is but is it kind of like balducci/king rising ? or totally something different?
Believe In The Rainbow
Sfarad
View Profile
Loyal user
Israel
233 Posts

Profile of Sfarad
It's similiar, not extrordinary dramatic though as other better levitation.
'Magic is the bloodstream of the universe. Forget all you know or think you know! All that you require, is your intuition'.
jfkkraemer
View Profile
Elite user
SoCal
481 Posts

Profile of jfkkraemer
You don't own any of the other levs do you Troller, then stop telling people what is and isn't possible with them. You made your own good for you, 3 stars on your first page but when telling everyone what the can accomplish with their levs, why don't you make it crystal clear you own NONE of them.

Jeff
troller
View Profile
Loyal user
276 Posts

Profile of troller
HAHAHAHA... you sound like a broken record.. I have my own opinion and yes I finally saw the DVDs. Thanks to whom made that possible.. so stop your complaining. Help those that need it and stop with the negativity.

Do you have anything positive to add to this post? Post something that people can use and learn from. Your like a little brat chasing after someone in school... like a bully.
STANGMMX
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of STANGMMX
By the way... ive been hearing that you can modify criss' levitation to where its practically icarus... of course its very possible that I'm wrong, but that's just what ive heared... anyone is welcome to correct me...
peace
SMU Class of 2010
popogigo24
View Profile
New user
Colorado
12 Posts

Profile of popogigo24
Of course you can modify it so it looks the same. All magic starts with a basic idea and then modifications. You can start with King Rising and modify it to look like Icarus.
Keep staring, maybe I'll do a trick.
CraziSilverAngel
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Quote:
On 2006-01-20 00:12, popogigo24 wrote:
Of course you can modify it so it looks the same. All magic starts with a basic idea and then modifications. You can start with King Rising and modify it to look like Icarus.

most postive reponse ever^^! to modifications ... that is
I wast hinking of the same thing, my friend is in metal works and I have good sewing skills I wonder if me and him can develope our own none^^
Believe In The Rainbow
ofrmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
202 Posts

Profile of ofrmagic
Crazisilverangel you can do anything you want as long as you want it bad enough
I got criss levitation and I would like icarus but I think is not the method as much as your peformance that make it your own and maybe a little variations
CraziSilverAngel
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Quote:
On 2006-01-20 16:41, ofrmagic wrote:
I got criss levitation and I would like icarus but I think is not the method as much as your peformance that make it your own and maybe a little variations

That is very true, I'll probably get criss levitation first and see how it goes, I might be able to modify it till it's totaly my thing^0^

Thanx!!
Believe In The Rainbow
Bob Saget Rocks
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of Bob Saget Rocks
Quote:
On 2006-01-21 17:29, CraziSilverAngel wrote:
Quote:

could I ask you something, how old are you?

That is very true, I'll probably get criss levitation first and see how it goes, I might be able to modify it till it's totaly my thing^0^

Thanx!!
CraziSilverAngel
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Quote:
On 2006-01-22 21:42, Bob Saget Rocks wrote:
Quote:
On 2006-01-21 17:29, CraziSilverAngel wrote:
Quote:

could I ask you something, how old are you?

Thanx!!

if you mean me I'm 17.
Believe In The Rainbow
kdb424
View Profile
Regular user
Pittsburg PA
120 Posts

Profile of kdb424
Kings rising levitation is the best I've ever seen next to Blain's.
Ryan Lehman
View Profile
New user
NY
13 Posts

Profile of Ryan Lehman
CraziSilverAngel heres something to take into mind.
If you're looking for the most practical,impromtu,clean levitation bulducci is the way to go. It is very simple,invloves no prep,no gimicks, and compared to others not very angley.

King Rising is an amazing levitation, but it has a small prep,which is somewhat difficult, but with proper misdirrection is achieveable, it is much more angley but practical,impromtu, and involves no gimmick.

The Elevator and E2 I cant post an opinion on because I don't own them nor have I really seen one, but from what I hear they are not worth it and not cracked up to be what is said. If you would like to look into them go ahaed.

Icarus effect is expensive but if you have the money and are serious about magic and leaving your audience speachless this is the way to go. Icarus is amazing, impromptu(once it is built). It has a gimmick but it is hidden very well, almost unnoticeable. The bad thing is angle, Icarus is very angle sensative but with audince control and keeping the crowd to a minimum it is mind blowing. It is practical also.

The Criss Angel levitation is amazing,but much like the Icarus effect. This effect like Icarus is angle sensative, but harder to have crowd control due to the fact your back is to the audience. It is also impromtu(once built),the gimmick is much larger than Icarus though, but it is hidden. It takes sewing skill to construct. It takes morre time to construct do to the fact you have to go out and buy everything, Icarus comes with everything you need(its also easier to construct and doesn't take as long). Im not shooting down this DVD it is good, but I will recomend Icarus over it, due to control. However the one thing this version has is height.

There, I hope I helped. MY best suggestion is if you have the money go for Icarus or the Criss Angel...I prefer Icarus, but that's my opinion.
"If this is magic,
let it be an art"
-William Shakespeare
Rcitgo
View Profile
Special user
Emporia,Va.
738 Posts

Profile of Rcitgo
I too would go with the Icarus.Everthing comes with the Icarus except your clothes.They say you have go out and buy all the parts for the Angel lev.They also say its much harder to construct than the Icarus.I had no problem putting the Icarus together in a few hours.I was very happy with my purchase of the Icarus and the reactions I get from the spectators after doing it are worth the price I paid for it.
fengenroll
View Profile
Loyal user
NYC
226 Posts

Profile of fengenroll
I also like Kings rising, even though I had to practice the trick for about a month!
Now I perform The Elevator by Peter Loughran, and I love it since you levitate facing your audience.
CraziSilverAngel
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Quote:
On 2006-01-25 17:45, kdb424 wrote:
Kings rising levitation is the best I've ever seen next to Blain's.

I've been thinking to buy that on ebay.. I keep getting outbid
how much do you is it worth? for highest bid?as opposed to buying it straight from ellutionist.com ?
Believe In The Rainbow
CraziSilverAngel
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Quote:
On 2006-01-27 00:02, Ryan Lehman wrote:
CraziSilverAngel heres something to take into mind.
If you're looking for the most practical,impromtu,clean levitation bulducci is the way to go. It is very simple,invloves no prep,no gimicks, and compared to others not very angley.

King Rising is an amazing levitation, but it has a small prep,which is somewhat difficult, but with proper misdirrection is achieveable, it is much more angley but practical,impromtu, and involves no gimmick.

The Elevator and E2 I cant post an opinion on because I don't own them nor have I really seen one, but from what I hear they are not worth it and not cracked up to be what is said. If you would like to look into them go ahaed.

Icarus effect is expensive but if you have the money and are serious about magic and leaving your audience speachless this is the way to go. Icarus is amazing, impromptu(once it is built). It has a gimmick but it is hidden very well, almost unnoticeable. The bad thing is angle, Icarus is very angle sensative but with audince control and keeping the crowd to a minimum it is mind blowing. It is practical also.

The Criss Angel levitation is amazing,but much like the Icarus effect. This effect like Icarus is angle sensative, but harder to have crowd control due to the fact your back is to the audience. It is also impromtu(once built),the gimmick is much larger than Icarus though, but it is hidden. It takes sewing skill to construct. It takes morre time to construct do to the fact you have to go out and buy everything, Icarus comes with everything you need(its also easier to construct and doesn't take as long). Im not shooting down this DVD it is good, but I will recomend Icarus over it, due to control. However the one thing this version has is height.

There, I hope I helped. MY best suggestion is if you have the money go for Icarus or the Criss Angel...I prefer Icarus, but that's my opinion.

I'm very uneven buying CrissAngels' levitation but I hear that I can alter it so I don't have to face my back to the audience, I'm assuming you have it. Can it?
Believe In The Rainbow
williamtbrady
View Profile
New user
Essex, UK
56 Posts

Profile of williamtbrady
Smile
I don't understand these people that want to buy the criss angel lev in order to turn it into the Icarus Lev.
Why not just buy the Icarus lev and get the real thing, with everything you need to build it already in the box along with Aarons great DVD showing you how to build and perform it?
If the answer is - you can not afford it - then remember you will probably end up paying a simular price for Mr Angel's DVD once you have actually built it - and with all respect, the exact reason the price is high is to stop the casual purchaser from buying it just to learn the secret and then spoling the illusion by not treating it with the respect and practice it deserves, buy charging a premium assures it is bought by 'serious' magicians who will insure this happens.

If all you want is the answer to a simular effect, or YOU WANT the criss Angel style of levitation, then buy Mr Angels DVD Smile

If you prefer what you see with the Icarus Effect, then buy the Icarus Effect.

Funny how no one is buying the Icarus Effect in order to modify it into the Angel lev Smile

You would not buy red paint hopeing to modify it into blue would you????

I don't wish to offend or upset anyone here, but if the only reason you want Criss's lev is to save you a few dollars then perhaps your level as an earning magician is not high enough for you to own such an effect.
And perhaps your respect for your brother magicians is not high enough to support them and their inventions by buying their products and not rip them off, if you like and want the Icarus effect then please people buy it from Aaron, so he can continue to spend his time inventing more great effects for us.

Most of us worked out the handling for Sinful, but still bought the effect from Wayne before performing it to the public, in order to support him and his great ideas, or was it just me??

Love & Peace

Will
jcrai
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of jcrai
Quote:
On 2006-01-27 15:53, williamtbrady wrote:
the exact reason the price is high is to stop the casual purchaser from buying it just to learn the secret and then spoling the illusion by not treating it with the respect and practice it deserves, buy charging a premium assures it is bought by 'serious' magicians who will insure this happens.

No offense, but this is just BS. It is funny how everyone here seems to think that dealers/creators who set their prices high are doing so for our benefit, in order to "protect" the effect from the general public. They charge high prices to make more money, period. Icarus could be priced at $100 and still ward off the merely curious.
williamtbrady
View Profile
New user
Essex, UK
56 Posts

Profile of williamtbrady
I don't agree - if the likes of Aaron patterson was just after the money - he'd be selling us just a DVD for $80 showing the secret, and sell 100's more and at the same time make a hell of a lot more money than if he sells 3 or 4 at $400...

Do you not agree??

He is attempting to sell to the privavliged few who will earn a living from such an effect rather than those who want it to show his mates in the playground and in the end totaly be-little the effect.

You guys are the first to complain when a nice little effect like D'Lites start being sold in toy stores and within a few weeks every kid on the school bus is doing it....

I love the Svengali deck, to me it looks like real magic, but the last time I performed with them was when some guy chirped up 'I had those as a kid I bought them in a joke shop'

If the only way to protect an effects secret is to out price it for the average guy, then that's life.

Well, that's the way I look at it anyways, they say a sucker is born every minute, perhaps that's me? Smile

Love & Peace

Will