The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Street Magic :: Criss Angel Levitation (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
steve j
View Profile
Special user
Long Island, New York
559 Posts

Profile of steve j
As far as people commenting on the dvd and not the gimmick, I will coment on the gimmick by saying that it looks really interesting, I really can't say anything more than that. But keep in mind that the person I saw doing it was a kid of 13-14 years old and I'm not sure how well he made it, but interesting is definitely the word for it.
Bill Thompson
View Profile
Elite user
Mississippi
422 Posts

Profile of Bill Thompson
Quote:
On Jan 16, 2006 1:03pm, troller wrote:
My question is clear.. can the Criss Angel levitation be created to look just like if performing the Icarus Effect from the front?

I suppose it /could/ but IMHO it wouldn't look nearly as natural as the Icarus mainly because of the lack of the space-age material and position of the modifications. I hope that is clear enough.
"To let understanding stop at what cannot be understood is a high attainment.
Those who cannot do it will be destroyed on the lathe of heaven." - Chuang Tse
deputy
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1041 Posts

Profile of deputy
I have the criss angel levitation. it has a lot of construction intailed in it. it is not something you will crank out in one day. any questions feel free to pm me see ya
Bob Saget Rocks
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of Bob Saget Rocks
Finally got the DVD. No dissapointment....especially since the instruction leaves room open to use your own ideas to incorporate what materials used. The advertisement says about $125 will be used to get materials...but I've planned out some ideas and I have a way of making this VERY cheap. He says $125 because he points out expensive shoes for example as oposed to shoes half price you could find with same "capabilities". He makes the gimmick sound like it's as complex as F#%^# to construct, but it's not that difficult if you know how to use a sewing machine....and I've made my own plan where a sewing machine does not need to be applied to making it- criss just is trying to point you in the direction of the "best quality" gimmick (most expensive), which isn't neccessary to do this levitation. If you use your mind, you can make this easy and fun to make. People are probably whining about him telling you to make your own custom pants from fabric, but like I said, you don't have to if you use your HEAD!!! If you have any questions, please ask me. I am still planning (blueprinting) my gimmick for a week or so, then I'm going to create!!!

P.S. Anyone who has this, please P.M. me, I'd love to know if you are using your own unique ideas to put it together.
Bob Saget Rocks
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

By the way.....I'm pretty sure you could modify this to the effect of the Icarus with some adjustments.
Joey Stalin
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1072 Posts

Profile of Joey Stalin
Quote:
On 2006-01-18 00:22, Bob Saget Rocks wrote:
Finally got the DVD. No dissapointment....especially since the instruction leaves room open to use your own ideas to incorporate what materials used. The advertisement says about $125 will be used to get materials...but I've planned out some ideas and I have a way of making this VERY cheap. He says $125 because he points out expensive shoes for example as oposed to shoes half price you could find with same "capabilities". He makes the gimmick sound like it's as complex as F#%^# to construct, but it's not that difficult if you know how to use a sewing machine....and I've made my own plan where a sewing machine does not need to be applied to making it- criss just is trying to point you in the direction of the "best quality" gimmick (most expensive), which isn't neccessary to do this levitation. If you use your mind, you can make this easy and fun to make. People are probably whining about him telling you to make your own custom pants from fabric, but like I said, you don't have to if you use your HEAD!!! If you have any questions, please ask me. I am still planning (blueprinting) my gimmick for a week or so, then I'm going to create!!!

P.S. Anyone who has this, please P.M. me, I'd love to know if you are using your own unique ideas to put it together.

Very true. What he describes in the DVD is the best quality gimmick you could make. Like said on a brand of shoes to buy, type of pants, even goes into some detail on the sewing pattern. And I know how to use a sewing machine, learned that back in middle school.
-A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.
-It is easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them.
-The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.

See you space cowboy...
doublelift
View Profile
Veteran user
342 Posts

Profile of doublelift
I have the Cris Angel Mastermind 2 DVD and have not yet built the setup. I think it could be done in reverse and end up with a Icarus type effect. The Icarus demo video is a stronger effect in my mind plus you get to see the spectators reaction which is what I do magic for! Cris says on the DVD he hope it will be a seed for another version and I think he is correct in that.
STANGMMX
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of STANGMMX
Psh, can't pull it off in one day?! Just to spite you I'll set up this thing in a day. My DVD arrives monday, and I have to show it Thursday. So... Yeah its gonna be tough heh. A friend of mine who also does street work is a born engineer. We'll crank something out that works off of Criss' idea. PM me if you're interested in my progress during the week.
SMU Class of 2010
Bob Saget Rocks
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

^^^^ but make sure that you practice well enough, It's not often you get a new trick and can perform it a few days later PERFECTLY
STANGMMX
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of STANGMMX
Lol yeaah... but I plan on doing many a demonstration on the street before hand. much rather mess up on the street than in front of a ton of peeps.
SMU Class of 2010
unilogo
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas , NV
359 Posts

Profile of unilogo
I just ordered off Ronjo.com (sent my payment. Thanks for the money order accepting. Smile ) It looks like a really friendly store.
RonjoMagic
View Profile
Regular user
Long Island NY
138 Posts

Profile of RonjoMagic
Hello Unilogo, I am glad I found your post here at the Café. And I am glad I was able to solve your problem. Have a good one. Take care, Pete
Fethry
View Profile
New user
Toronto, ON
19 Posts

Profile of Fethry
OK guys I am also interested in levitation and I have a couple of questions:

I know that Criss' just explains the trick and tells you how to construct the gimmick.

What about Icarus? Do you get the gimmick in the package?
And finally is there any weight constraint for either of them?

Thanks!
Rcitgo
View Profile
Special user
Emporia,Va.
738 Posts

Profile of Rcitgo
You get the parts to construct the gimmick and there's no weight limit with the Icarus.I don't know about the Angel Lev because I don't own it.
Fethry
View Profile
New user
Toronto, ON
19 Posts

Profile of Fethry
Thanks Rcitgo
Bob Saget Rocks
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Criss angel levitation has NO weight limits...and the height that you reach somewhat can depend on how strengthful your legs are Smile. If you practice enough you can get waist-high if you want.
STANGMMX
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of STANGMMX
I gotta admit... I'm pretty impressed with Elevator 2... I own Criss' levitation, its fantastic, but EXTREMELY angle sensitive. I think the future for levitations is really with gimmicks such as the elevator.
SMU Class of 2010
fengenroll
View Profile
Loyal user
NYC
226 Posts

Profile of fengenroll
There is no such thing as a angle free self levitation, I belive that the Elevator 2 is still the most angle friendly of them all.
The levitation itself does'nt look as stunning as Icarus or Angel's, but hey! for laypeople you still levitated of the ground, and that's unbelivable enough.
When you alternate the E2 slightly you'll have a powerful prop to add to your act, no gimmick pants involved.
Don't get me wrong, I don't think it's perfect, but till this date there are still no other gim.levitation that allows you to start and end as clean as you do with the E2..

Just my 2 cents..
Xtasy0
View Profile
Veteran user
307 Posts

Profile of Xtasy0
Quote:
On 2006-01-29 15:49, STANGMMX wrote:
I gotta admit... I'm pretty impressed with Elevator 2... I own Criss' levitation, its fantastic, but EXTREMELY angle sensitive. I think the future for levitations is really with gimmicks such as the elevator.

so how was your progress on this?

Quote:
On 2006-01-21 21:55, STANGMMX wrote:
Psh, can't pull it off in one day?! Just to spite you I'll set up this thing in a day. My DVD arrives monday, and I have to show it Thursday. So... Yeah its gonna be tough heh. A friend of mine who also does street work is a born engineer. We'll crank something out that works off of Criss' idea. PM me if you're interested in my progress during the week.
Bob Saget Rocks
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

I just finished my Angel levitation gimmick....and although criss says it will cost 120 bucks to make, it cost me less than $30. How you ask??? I was able to use old shoes I already owned (taking $70 off $120). Then, I used household crap to put together some parts you didn't need to BUY material for.