The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Street Magic :: Best Metal Bending Trick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
smitty
View Profile
Veteran user
Picton, Ontario
358 Posts

Profile of smitty
Hi guys: I've visited this link, http://www.mymagic.com/kosby.htm but can't find Raise Rise anywhere. The DVD is amazing however. Unfortunately my local Toronto dealer doesn't stock this. At least not yet. He may in time.

This Ray Kosby is quite the amazing thinker.

Where can one view Raise Rise by Kosby?

BEST...smitty
Memory-Jah
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1438 Posts

Profile of Memory-Jah
Quote:
On 2005-11-27 16:57, smitty wrote:
Hi guys: I've visited this link, http://www.mymagic.com/kosby.htm but can't find Raise Rise anywhere. The DVD is amazing however. Unfortunately my local Toronto dealer doesn't stock this. At least not yet. He may in time.

This Ray Kosby is quite the amazing thinker.

Where can one view Raise Rise by Kosby?

BEST...smitty

what would you like to know? where to purchase this dvd or where you can find the trick: raise rise?
one user mentioned that you can get the fork bend used by the hong kong magic man for 695$ but I would like here he got this information. I would like to know where I can buy this trick. the link you gave me is just for the video and I have seen it already, that's why want to have it hehe. I am sure, if you make a little stage show with this effect you will get the money easily back. it is just crazy.
does anyone know this trick better? can it be done with ANY fork or spoon at any time any place or is it a very complicated set up or do you need a special spoon or fork?
thank you

p.s. the link to meir yedid dvd's for ray cosbys videos is very good. I like his dvd "impossible close-up". I am not sure if I should buy it Smile because I saw that it contains the apple trick cyril also does. where he bites an apple and changes its color with the same piece missing. just an awsome trick Smile

Jah
"Dropping your pants while you set off flash paper may allow your pass to go undetected, but it's still not invisible." - Count Elmsley
smitty
View Profile
Veteran user
Picton, Ontario
358 Posts

Profile of smitty
Hey Jah: Yes, I was looking for a place online to view Raise Rise by Kosby. I've watched his other demo's online and was MOST impressed by his material and creative thinking.

Regarding the link I sent you Jah, VERY sorry, didn't know there wasn't info for a link to where to purchase. I'm sure if you surfed around the site, you could probably find a way to contact someone to inquire.

From other threads I've read on this, you are paying for a very gimmicked spoon and DVD. At least this is my understanding.

I don't like using ANY gimmicked cutlery for my metal bending. I just think it's necessary, and I want to leave the bent 'object' with the spectator as a souvenir, which can't be done when using gimmicked cutlery.

This is ONLY my preference. I don't knock or criticise ANYONE for using gimmicks if they want, but after watching Bannachek, Richard, Chad and Patrik Kuffs, I don't see any need.

If I had that kind of money to spend, I'd instead be investing in EVERYTHING available on the market; DVD's, books, etc., to have a really thorough reference libray on the subject.

I just can't justify spending 695.00 for ONE gimmicked spoon that I can't even hand out as a souvenir.

I do hope you find the source though, if you really want to order this Jah.

Happy Bending...smitty
smitty
View Profile
Veteran user
Picton, Ontario
358 Posts

Profile of smitty
Jah, just did a little surfing on the website I sent you earlier, and you can contact Lawrence, I guess the originator of the pricey spoon bend, at this address:

info@hongkongmagicman.co

Hope this helps.

smitty
Paolo Venturini
View Profile
Veteran user
Lucca (I.) - New York City
385 Posts

Profile of Paolo Venturini
Quote:
On 2005-11-27 09:14, Memory-Jah wrote:
Where can I find this hank vidion? I really don't know sorry. I also would like to knw where I can purchase the "raise rise" trick besides this awsome fork bending.
can you give me the urls for both tricks please?

thank you very much,

Jah

1)Go to http://www.magicfact.com (This is Hank Lee in Boston)

2)When the page is open you can see many banner; you must click the banner with the
name "Hankie Vision" (It's the # 6)

3)When the page is opened you should see two columns of video clips: in the first column on your left side, scrolling down, # 20 to be exact, you can find the clip "The Bending Fork".

4)Click in the clip and whatch the show...

If you want to buy the trick you must contact Hank Lee or Steven 1-781-391-8749 or you can order it online.

In his web site www.hongkongmagicman/video.htm , my friend Laurence show his trick, and is amazing! But if you want buy the trick, you must call Hank Lee in Boston.

If you need to know how it's working, just PM me and I'll tell you, ok?

Magically,

Paolo Venturini
smitty
View Profile
Veteran user
Picton, Ontario
358 Posts

Profile of smitty
Hello Paolo: I've gone to the site, and tried to watch the demo's, but they won't run for me. I've downloaded the latest version of RealPlayer, but it's just not working. Any ideas on this? Is there something else you need with the REalPlayer to get the demo's to run? At Penguins site, or Elmwood Magic site, I can watch all their demo's no problem.

All the BEST...

smitty
jasonmagic
View Profile
New user
Jason Magic Productions (Martinsburg,WV)
64 Posts

Profile of jasonmagic
How about Liquid Metal (Morgan Strebbler)
DAMDAM
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of DAMDAM
WOW Nice fork bend.... but way to pricey for me... like smitty said, you can buy a whole library and still have money left over...
DAMDAM
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of DAMDAM
"raise rise" trick... is Awesome... I love to learn that trick.... Gotta get the dvd....
Paolo Venturini
View Profile
Veteran user
Lucca (I.) - New York City
385 Posts

Profile of Paolo Venturini
Quote:
On 2005-11-29 19:12, smitty wrote:
Hello Paolo: I've gone to the site, and tried to watch the demo's, but they won't run for me. I've downloaded the latest version of RealPlayer, but it's just not working. Any ideas on this? Is there something else you need with the REalPlayer to get the demo's to run? At Penguins site, or Elmwood Magic site, I can watch all their demo's no problem.

All the BEST...

I think is better if you go to http://www.hongkongmagicman.com/ and click "Illusion", then click "video clips" and then in "fork bend".
Then you can call Hank Lee, or save the money...

Paolo Venturini
smitty
Scattered Dream
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Profile of Scattered Dream
I do Banacheks tine bend, closed hand bend, and open hand bend.Thats it. All on his $18 DVD and I have been accused of having a psychic power. keep it simple and impromtu
moosemanty
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of moosemanty
Can any one tell me what exactly you learn on psychokinetic siverwear ?
coupcoupdaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
2466 Posts

Profile of coupcoupdaddy
Twenty-five years ago, my wife taught me a key bend she learned from a Free University class on hoax and fraud. It is simple and ironic. The teacher later asked me to be part of a magician's panel offering $10 thousand dollars to the local TM folks if they would levitate in front of us. Bob Solari's Hell-Bent is still my favorite keybend, though.
foreign correspondent, z and lt

inner being worker
mfreno
View Profile
New user
Dexter, Michigan
72 Posts

Profile of mfreno
Liquid Metal by Morgan Strebbler is great. It's a little difficult at first, especially the Corkscrew but the reactions are fantastic. Pratice this and give your audience something to remember.
magiczim
View Profile
New user
Philly
67 Posts

Profile of magiczim
Quote:
On 2005-11-11 09:36, jodi6302x wrote:
I bough the liquid metal dvd and let me say it just ok. Its not that great. The reactions I get are ok, but spend your money on a diffrent dvd.

I agree that the DVD is poor quality, but the effect is great. I have used this bending routine in restaurants for the managers and other employees, and they freak cause its with their silverware. everytime I do this, people jump around screaming because it's just SO visual for them.

ADD version: DVD= Poor Quality; effect = AMAZING!

zim
"We live within the recreation of others" - René Lavand
ololiyuki
View Profile
New user
Belgium
2 Posts

Profile of ololiyuki
You can purchase too the booklet "Explicit Content" , from Sean Fields...
STANGMMX
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of STANGMMX
I agree... "Explicit Content" is great, somewhat of an expensive book considering how small it is, but its got great info on key bending if you're interested. Although, count on doing ton's of switches... I plan on using a raven like gimmick for key bends.
SMU Class of 2010
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, OH
1889 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
My fav is the liquid metal routine.i get perfect reactions with the routine and everyone freaks out plus the get one messed up fork at the end!
Face
View Profile
Elite user
495 Posts

Profile of Face
Paolo Venturini here reccommends truly great thing. I back his suggestions completely.