The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Knots and loops :: Rope routine. (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
DanielMooncalf
View Profile
Regular user
Kansas City
113 Posts

Profile of DanielMooncalf
I'm trying to find a good third rope routine.

1. I have Daryl's Jumping Knot of Pakistan.

2. A routine of my own that starts with the linking rings, moves into Pavel's circle of rope (as if Im showing the linking again), Professor's nightmare, and then Daydream.

3. ?? Im interested in that rainbow rope, or that magic jump rope I've heard about before, but I have no idea where to get these. Also, feel free to tell me what other good things Im missing.
MiNiM
View Profile
Regular user
New Zealand
111 Posts

Profile of MiNiM
I would definitely recommend getting Aldo Columbini's 'Knotty Knot'. It's a nice routine (though I don't actually do it), but it comes with instructions for two great utility moves: 'Real world slip knot' and 'Singlehanded secret slip knot' which I use as part of a rope routine I put together and use a lot.

With these two moves you can tie a knot in an ordinary ungimmicked piece of rope, slide it to one end, slide it back to the other end (several times if you wish) then pluck the knot off and vanish it.
As there is no preparation or set-up, you can insert it anywhere you want in a rope routine.

Check it out.

Cheers,

Bill
He asked me if I liked card tricks. I said "No." He did three. (W. Somerset Maugham)
tglund
View Profile
Regular user
Broomfield, CO, USA
115 Posts

Profile of tglund
Daniel,

Duane Laflin has a wonderful linking ropes routine. He sells a video showing his excellent handling along with the ropes for $25

see: http://www.laflinmagic.com/vlrp.htm

I have seen him perform this live and it is spectacular.
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1831 Posts

Profile of wally
Now I'm looking for a simple routine for the rainbow coloured ropes.
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
This link doesn't appear to work any more

Quote:
On Aug 27, 2002, tglund wrote:
Daniel,

Duane Laflin has a wonderful linking ropes routine. He sells a video showing his excellent handling along with the ropes for $25

see: http://www.laflinmagic.com/vlrp.htm

I have seen him perform this live and it is spectacular.
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
countrymaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1431 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
I got it to work. Go to : http://www.laflinmagic.com/
click on
"Laflin creations" on the LEFT
GO TO page 9, he advertises his linking rope routine with ropes for 17 dollars plus shipping.
He seems to have a lot of great things for kids shows.
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
I got a "Oops, This Page Could Not Be Found! " for that link
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
Mark Boody Illusionist
View Profile
Inner circle
1369 Posts

Profile of Mark Boody Illusionist
Here is the correct link https://laflinmagicstore.com/products/th......65&_ss=r

Its a great teaching DVD and the props are excellent!

Mark
Only he who can see the invisible can do the impossible. Frank L. Gaines
countrymaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1431 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
Thanks Mark for the right link. He has a ton of stuff including all kinds of silks, routines, instructional videos and is strong in gospel magic as well.
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
Ditto
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
Just now, I got: "404 Page Not Found"

Any suggestions?

John
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2338 Posts

Profile of David Todd
Quote:
On Jan 7, 2022, John Long wrote:
Just now, I got: "404 Page Not Found"

Any suggestions?

John

I got the same "404 Page Not Found" .

I used the Search function on the Laflin Magic website , searching for "Linking Ropes" and got these results:

https://laflinmagicstore.com/search?q=Linking+Ropes

Are any of these what you are looking for ?

John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
Quote:
On Aug 26, 2002, DanielMooncalf wrote:
I'm trying to find a good third rope routine.

1. I have Daryl's Jumping Knot of Pakistan.

2. A routine of my own that starts with the linking rings, moves into Pavel's circle of rope (as if Im showing the linking again), Professor's nightmare, and then Daydream.

3. ?? Im interested in that rainbow rope, or that magic jump rope I've heard about before, but I have no idea where to get these. Also, feel free to tell me what other good things Im missing.

"Magic Jump rope is a wonderful routine by Scott Guinn, It uses a volunteer in a fun way for children and adults (it went well for an all adult audience). You can find it in his dvd - Great Scott its Magic, maybe in some of his books, or just contact him at greatscott.itsmagic@netzero.com, or www.gretscott-it's magic.com, or on this site.

John
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Quote:
On Jan 8, 2022, John Long wrote:

"Magic Jump rope is a wonderful routine by Scott Guinn, It uses a volunteer in a fun way for children and adults (it went well for an all adult audience). You can find it in his dvd - Great Scott its Magic, maybe in some of his books, or just contact him at greatscott.itsmagic@netzero.com, or www.gretscott-it's magic.com, or on this site.

John

Those email addresses are very old and no longer valid. Best way to contact me about magic is via PM here on The Café, However, I sold the rights to all my published works to Chris at Library.com so that is your best source for any previously published Guinn material.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page