The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Knots and loops :: Enhanced Cut & Restore (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
funsway
View Profile
Eternal Order
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
10001 Posts

Profile of funsway
I have released my favorite C&R approach on Lybray.com since I can't perform much any more. (Snap Rope)

This evolved over decades of dissatisfaction over traditional methods with silly loops and illogical moves.
One motivation was asking, "How would lay person handle a rope?"

Another was exploring way of showing the cut ends to be separate, enhanced by discussions with Kotah and MagicIan.

When Ian Garrison visited my home nearly a decade ago I performed the Snap Rope version and he immediately planned on adding it to his Lecture Tour materials.

Alas, his untimely passing has caused this unique C&R approach to mostly sit on the shelf.

The basic method is not new, just the flow of natural seeming events and showing the ends separate - plus no fumbling with knots or loops.

Not perfect, just better.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
stevevoltz
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of stevevoltz
FYI, Ken has a link to all his Lybrary books in his sig line, but here's a link directly to the new pdf: Snap Rope Manuscript.
Sealegs
View Profile
Inner circle
The UK, Portsmouth
2597 Posts

Profile of Sealegs
Is there some sort of performance available to see?
Neal Austin

"The golden rule is that there are no golden rules." G.B. Shaw
funsway
View Profile
Eternal Order
10001 Posts

Profile of funsway
Not by me but some folks took videos during performances years ago. Maybe someone will post.

Some new mediation is helping some with my hand disabilities and I may try recording some effects this winter.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2338 Posts

Profile of David Todd
Hi, Funsway -

I purchased your Snap Rope effect on Lybrary.com . I was curious about a few things you make reference to:

On Page 6 -

"Check out the eBook MoleBridge for further options using Mole Skin and ropes." Where can I find the ebook 'MoleBridge' ? I searched on Lybrary, but could not find it.

On Page 8-

"4. using FunSway disMbody" Where can I find information about "Funsway disMbody" ? Is that another ebook ? I searched, but could not find it.

funsway
View Profile
Eternal Order
10001 Posts

Profile of funsway
Good catch. I used to have those on my website but am rewriting them - some in need of photos.

write me ken@eversway.com with specific questions and I'll send you some stuff.

Sealegs
View Profile
Inner circle
The UK, Portsmouth
2597 Posts

Profile of Sealegs
Quote:
On Oct 31, 2021, David Todd wrote:
Hi, Funsway -

I purchased your Snap Rope effect on Lybrary.com .

Any chance we might see a performance video of you doing it David?
Neal Austin

funsway
View Profile
Eternal Order
10001 Posts

Profile of funsway
Quote:
On Nov 4, 2021, Sealegs wrote:

Any chance we might see a performance video of you doing it David?

answered above.

If I can get my hand pain and cramping under control I don't have nay good way to shoot videos. My wife is blind and right now but no one comes to our home.
I am planning on trying some self-shot stuff but that will require a lot of editing and I can't even type sentence without errors and cramping.

For now you will have to role play the actions in your mind like we all used to do Smile

Sealegs
View Profile
Inner circle
The UK, Portsmouth
2597 Posts

Profile of Sealegs
Yes sorry to hear about your hand pain Funsway, I was asking David Todd, who bought the manuscript, if he might be able to post a video. Smile
Neal Austin

funsway
View Profile
Eternal Order
10001 Posts

Profile of funsway
Quote:
On Nov 6, 2021, Sealegs wrote:
Yes sorry to hear about your hand pain Funsway, I was asking David Todd, who bought the manuscript, if he might be able to post a video. Smile

Thanks - and I am hoping for similar support for many of the Effects I am now publishing.

Actually, the pain and unexpected cramping is endurable. It is the lack of confidence of knowing where an object is in my hand the "hurts" more.

I won't risk dropping something or fumbling a sleight for accidental exposure of method, plus practice is difficult when my cat runs off with dropped objects. Smile

As an aside, I was playing with set of 4' linking rings as I usually use larger ones. While doing an Odin count of the four rings to show them separate my hands cramped and I dropped them all on the bed.
When I picked them up they were all inked in a chain! Now I have to figure out how to do that on purpose.