The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Knots and loops :: Ungimmicked Miracle Linking Ropes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3630 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Dick Williams' effect, selling at Stevens Magic Emporium. Does anybody have any experience with this technique? Linking three tied ropes, and yes, the ropes are ungimmicked.

Thanks!
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Check the string two topics down "Linking Rope Rings". The last person to post was illusion master, he rated excellent for this trick.
KeirRoyale
View Profile
Special user
Denver, CO
550 Posts

Profile of KeirRoyale
Dick is a friend of mine and taught me this trick when I was home in Wichita over the holidays. It is a great effect and yes, the ropes are ungimmicked. Sounds and looks impossible!

One change I make in my performance is to link the ropes right in front of the spectator (Dick turns his back momentarily for the link). I do this, my letting the forward motion of my left arm cover the "link" from the audience's view.

If you buy it (and I do recommend it) let me know and I will give you some advice on doing the move in the way I described.
Dick Williams
View Profile
New user
Dick Williams
1 Post

Profile of Dick Williams
Hey Keir..I have changed my handling of the linking also. When I came up with the trick last summer, I recognized the difficulty of misdirecting the actual time of the link move. I didn't realize it looked as if I turned my back. Thanks for the tip. What I'm doing now sounds like what you described and which I'm teaching now. I feel for those of you having difficulty learning the trick. It took me longer to develop than any of my ideas of the past. (Most of last summer in fact.) But it was worth it! I hold the Guinness World Record for the "longest running TV magic show in the world" (23 years) but never came up with a stronger playing effect. Looks like real magic!
John Cass
View Profile
Regular user
131 Posts

Profile of John Cass
Wayne Raeke's Anytime, Anywhere Linking Rope Routine is better. It has not only what the Willaims rope routine has, but also a standard linking rope routine done with ungaffed ropes. The instructions are much clearer, too.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Where can one get Raeke's routine?
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
0pus
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1739 Posts